Chapter 37 - Future

'Here are your special tags, I latched them onto your collar and you can start working tomorrow.' I say, nerves gradually tangling as I pronounce each word.

'Thanks.' He takes it from me and observes the tag and frowns. 'Hm. These don't really match my chain.'

'You're right I should have asked for custom design for you.'

He looks up at me curiously.

'I'm kidding, they don't care about your style they just want your physical labor. When you leave make sure you take the safest routes, and come back home at the same time everyday. Don't forget your suppressants, will they feed you lunch or do I need to make one and I want to take you there myself the first day so I ~'

His hands set on my shoulders and massaged them with a firm reassuring grip.

'Okay I get it, you can come with me tomorrow but stop worrying so much. It's nice to see you practicing your motherly behavior but I could go without it myself.'

'Don't talk to me like that or you're grounded.' I shake my finger at him. Keeping a straight face was easy until the end of the sentence my lips couldn't resist curling upward and he laughs at my joke as well.

——-
3rd POV
——-
In the parking lot she is still reluctant to let him willingly go into that building. She didn't know what was going to happen, this place, this system, was out of her control and the unknown future threatened the peace in their life.

'Remind me what were you going to do here?'
She put her hands on each side of his head and held him in place softly, taking in the remainder of time she had to touch him. His palms rest over her hands and covered them securely and with great care of something fragile to be held.

'I'm only helping with storage so everything should be okay.' He smiles and his soft eyes show themselves in excess during this moment, possibly as an innate behavior to show a sense of calm for his partner.

She waves him goodbye as he walks through the front doors.

—-
Not even fully inside there is an officer standing to the side of the door, pulling on his chain, directing the employment tags to the scanner in his hand.

Two beeps, signaling Geonhak is allowed to be here and is under their control for the next few hours of the day.

'Come with me.'

The man leads him down a hallway and into a large empty room.

'Take this and change.'

He throws a pair of black long sleeved coveralls and boots to match, looking like a suit for the typical serviceman of uncleanly jobs. As he puts the uniform over his clothes the man explains to him the rules and expectations.

'When you aren't working in construction you will work in the warehouse assisting in lifting heavy storage of our building supplies.'

'Construction?'

'Yes, constructing buildings, there are two other hybrids at the site right now so that is where we send you today. Since this program is new the three of you animals will be watched by a supervisor, he will be the one giving you your instructions and any permission for breaks. Most of your jobs will likely be lifting and transferring our supplies.'

(We weren't told about this, but, it should be fine.) He thinks and is willingly transferred to the lot for his day of work.
—-

Y/n sat at the table eating her lunch and tapping her fingers on the table. She could only think about Geonhak and if he were doing okay.

'Still worrying? You need to learn to stop that remember? I think he is just fine, probably making friends already.'

Kelly sits across from her and places her own lunch onto the table and takes a first bite.

'I can't just not think about it, anything can be happening right now.' The thought made her brows furrow with greater anxiety and stomach twist into knots.

'... Okay I get it, you care a lot. Maybe my new Tiger can go work with him, well, when he is done hiding.'

'Maybe. Did you hear? The rich guy that owned the mansion wasn't arrested or anything because... well.. theres no proof.' Y/n sighs and finishes her food, resting her head on her propped up hand afterward.

'No proof? What do you think will count as~ never mind. Anyway I was thinking we should have a play date, for our hybrids, because mine has just been home sleeping and eating and playing my games. He isn't complaining but he gets bored.'

'Hmm. That sounds good but we will come to your house to be safe.' The plans made for the weekend relieved the worry at least enough for her to finish working.

Y/n only wished she would see Geonhak come home tonight safely.