Chapter 9: Facing fear

_______________________________________

Why did Angel become afraid when he saw the

women dancing on the stage?

Answer: Will be hinted at in this chapter! :)

sorry can't spoil it~ but it will be explained

at some point by Angel..enjoy!

_________________________________________

Angel eyed the elevator button, dammit it was locked, it looked like it required a key card. Angel still felt the tips of his ears burning a faint red, however he did not want to adress what had just happened between him and the demon. He wanted to push that out of his mind and not remember it....

"It needs a keycard...can you hack it?" Angel said not eyeing the other instead keeping his eyes on the small scanner.

"Why of course I can, it is a simple task." Alastor said his usually cheerful voice had returned. With a snap of his fingers the red light shifted to a bright green, Angel nodded as the elevator doors opened.

Angel pushed off the floor and walked into the elevator quickly Alastor following behind him. Angel couldn't get that scene out of his head....it was like a broken record on repeat that played over and over again...

The thing that made it worse was the questions that came with it.....Why did Angel not push Alastor off, why did he practically melt into the others touch and why of all things did he kiss him back!? He should have pushed the other away the second the guard came but it was as if Alastor had changed in that moment somehow...like he'd become something else that drew Angel something that-

Angel shook his head, no it didn't matter, Alastor was just a demon and demons played tricks on you just to keep you in line. Angel was his toy the other probably did that on purpose, it was best to pretend it never happened.

Having said that...he would talk to the other as if it never happened.

He cleared his throat attempting his best to eye the other who was simply looking straight at the elevator doors, the smile on his face in a full grin. It didn't seem to hold any emotion behind it as his brown eyes looked rather...dull.

"The elevators taking us to Valentino's office, there will no doubt be some guards there blocking his door." Alastor tapped his chin,

"I'm assuming you wish to do this quietly?" Angel thought about that for a moment, his eyes falling from the others as he fell into a silent thought process.

Alastor watched the other noting the shift in his actions after he'd ask the question. Angel's green eye was focused on the elevators floor, Alastor made no attempt to speak up when they had entered the elevator. He'd already filed away the event that had transpired as if nothing had happened, there was no reason for him to become upset over something like that. It was not needed and if the human chose to speak of it he would simply indulge them and inform them that any feelings they may have towards him were in fact false and should be terminated immediately.

What had happened hadn't changed anything, Alastor hadn't known what came over him but there was no point in worrying about it. The human was still simply just a toy for him, a toy to entertain them until they died and even after that. So far,