Chapter 29

Angel sighed as he stirred his cup of coffee for what seemed to be the fifth time now. His eyes watched as it twirled around in his tea cup as the sound of an upbeat song on the juice box played, one he wasn't too familiar with. He leaned his cheek more into the palm of his hand as his arm rested on the table.

"Is something troubling you Angel?" He moved his hand away as he sat back against the rubbery fabric of the booth they were sitting in, since it was still earlier the place was rather empty...just the way Angel liked it.

"Nah, just...thinkin' is all." He admitted, Alastor tapped his chin as Angel took a sip of his coffee that hadn't been touched much.

"May I ask what exactly?" The blonde put his drink down now preferring to keep his eyes on it. He drummed his fingers lightly against the marble table humming softly.

"...It's just," Angel now glanced up to the brunette who was sipping his own coffee as he listened. "Ya' been in ya' demon form nearly every time you've been around mah...why are ya' suddenly bein'  in...well...that form."

Alastor sighed as he set his own drink down...he had been expecting Angel to question him about it sooner or later, it was strange for him to be in this form especially in the woods earlier when no one had been around.

"It is a perfectly acceptable question my dear, no need to apologize." It was at times like these he had wished Angel wasn't as smart as he was. Although Alastor had no problem explaining just why he decided to take on this form for the day, it did not mean he was comfortable with it.

 "I will answer your question, if you answer one for me first." Angel nodded and Alastor was relieved the other hadn't fought on it. "You had said before...that you where aware of my crimes while I was alive, correct?" Angel nodded from across not seeming bothered by the topic being brought up. He moved a stray hair away from his face as he set down his drink,

"Actually...this is kinda embarrassin' .." Angel rubbed the back of his neck, with Alastor's interest now peaked he leaned forward slightly resting an arm on the table while the other supported his chin. Angel watched as the other raised a brow, his smile turning up into a slight grin. "So uh.... Ya' where kinda a...role model growin' up for me. N-not like a fatha' figure or nothin' but just...someone to look up to." That had surprised Alastor, he had even let out a small 'huh' upon hearing it.

He wouldn't have thought, among all those out there who had figured out just who he was but where to afraid to come forth..he would never have imagined one of those people had admired him to a....less disturbing factor of course.

"Is that so? I wouldn't have thought anyone had admired my work, muchless looked up to me." Angel shrugged as he fiddled with the strain of hair, twirling it around his finger as his eyes rested on the cup of coffee in front of him.

"Yeah, me and ma' sister..well when I had free time and pa' was out doin' his own shit we would listen to da' radio sometimes." Angel paused, moving his fingers away from his hair. "One day we stumbled across ya' lil' mornin' show. 'Course it was afternoon for us cause of the time and shit..but it was still cool to listen too."

Alastor raised a brow, "..And..did you enjoy that morning talk show?" the brunette said leaning forward slightly. Angel chuckled at the other's question finding it adorable that Alastor was basically asking for his opinion.