Chapter 44: Homes where the heart is

Cherri was sweating bullets, she was worrying so much. On the upside Charlie looked like she was getting better..the color had returned to her face, but she kept going on about this strange presence she felt. Charlie was staying with Cherri for the time being only because the girl didn't trust her right now and wanted to make sure she didn't run, and she couldn't go back to her place for obvious reasons.

Of course, Vaggie had protested but Cherri managed to survive her death looks. It had been a full day since Alastor disappeared to go find Angel, she knew she was being impatient but she couldn't help but worry. Now she was sitting in the living room, watching something on the TV with Charlie in her bed resting and Vaggie by her side. She could care less if they fucked, it was the volume she'd care about.

It was quiet so Vaggie was probably just watching her girlfriend sleep, Cherri had a leather eye patch now that matched her hair color. Vaggie had given it to her because apparently she had a collection of them, Vaggie had an eyepatch two but hers was white with a pink X on it. Cherri never noticed it on account of the girl's dark hair always covering it.

The news wasn't anything of interest, not to Cherri at least...not until something caught her attention. The headline was what had caught her attention first, 'two bodies found in a dumpster' the woman raised a brow as she leaned a bit closer to the TV listening to it. The news reporter was a thin little thing with blonde bobbed hair and a wide energetic eye and an unsettling large smile.

"Yes that's correct Tom, police just yesterday found two bodies in this very dumpster." The woman was standing at the edge of an alleyway with policemen having two bodies out. It seemed this was one of those channels that got away with something like that. "Now the strange thing is there are no marks or scars on these two. In fact, there is no sign as of how they died. They're just cold, and limp." Cherri's eyes widened as the two bodies were laid down onto one of the plastic body bags waiting to be zipped up.

Their mouths were hung open, eyes wide in horror as if they'd seen something their minds couldn't comprehend. They were pale, white a Cherri's T-shirt...even for someone like them...someone as twisted as these two...to see the state they were in, Cherri almost felt bad for them. Valentino got what he deserved and so did Vox, but just to see the state their bodies were in...it was......chilling.

She wasn't sure how they died, but it had something to do with that angel and Henroin...that she knew. "Oh, what's this?" The woman said kneeling down near one of the bodies, Vox's body. The man was still dressed in one of his suits that was filthy at this point.

"Whatcha got there Katie?" The man behind the camera asked, she just hummed. Cherri watched the screen leaning closer as she saw what the woman was looking at. A single strain of red hair, and it was laid in the breast pocket of the brunette.