Chapter 31: No good for you

....2 weeks, that's how long it had been since Angel had heard from Alastor. It was troubling, it really was considering the state he'd left in. He concerned Angel quiet a bit and he wanted to make sure Alastor was okay. He was also dealing with a lot of things on his end, the whole in the wall had been patched within that day but unfortunately a lot of agents where out on the day of the breach.

Angel had went through the list and at least 50 agents had been out for that day, he spoke to each of them when they returned either the day after or later that day. Most if not all the agents had been out on a field mission while some had just taken the day off to deal with personal matters..He had Cherri check it out and all of their alibi checked out...

There was no one left on the list.......expect one.

One agent (if you could call them that) hadn't returned yet, and it had been 2 weeks which was only more troubling. Angel pinched the bridge of his nose as he stared at the name once again, the only one on his list that hadn't had a red line through it.

Charlie.

It couldn't be her, could it? The girl couldn't even fight muchless cause such an explosion. This girl was harmless, she had been the day he found her and she still was. She even fucking jumped if he so much as walked up behind her while she was going through papers, there was no way she could do something like this.

Even if it was actually her was she really dumb enough to team up with his enemies knowing what he did to traitors. Angel couldn't believe it, there just wasn't enough there. But maybe he just didn't want to believe it? 

Charlie hardly ever missed a day at the agency, and when she had..she would always call it in to make sure she was accounted for. For her to up and vanish for two whole weeks without a single phone call or even a word....it was just suspicious and even Angel couldn't deny that.

The blonde sighed as he set the paper down leaning back in the leather chair behind his desk. He glanced at his hand...slowly reaching forward and tugging at the glove before it was fully off. His eyes remained on the emblem that remained a faint red...

"..Al..where are you." Angel closed his eye placing a hand over it..his head hurt. Everything had seemed to be going well until last week, not it just seemed to have gone to shit. His other hand slowly moved to his shirt reaching into it and pulling out the locket keeping his eyes closed. His thumb ran over the heart shaped locket as he remembered the redheads fond look and that soft smile only for him.

The knife Alastor had given him was at  home, he had hidden it away for the time being for multiple reasons. One of those reasons having to do with wanting to keep it clean and safe while the other had to do with concerns involving his depression and urges. They hadn't gone away, but they where easier to manage, Angel hadn't harmed himself since that night and he had hoped it would remain that way.

A knock sounded on his door, without opening his eyes he groaned out, "Come in," Angel could hear the squeak of the door being opened -damn he needed to oil it - but hadn't bothered in looking at who was coming into his office. He was too damn tired to care at this point; when he heard the click of the door being closed he removed his hand and glanced at the women standing infront of his desk. She furrowed her brows when she saw Angel's troubled expression.