Chapter 57: Their night together

Angel mindlessly watched as the knife cut effortlessly through the meat, he furrowed his brows as he watched the other. How the hell could someone be so scary and yet so...

...Hot. Fuck.

Alastor was chopping effortlessly away at some meat on the chopping board, his appearance was a bit....relaxed. His red hair was tied back aside from his bangs and his coat was laid out on the sofa with his white dress-shirt on display. But the sleeves were rolled up and the top two buttons were undone as his claws moved the knife around with ease. Angel had just been staring at him from the sink as he was preparing some vegetables upon the redhead's request.

He had paused to look at Alastor but failed to realize he was staring now. The redhead was simply humming along to the tune of upbeat jazz that filled the apartment. He only paused to set the knife down and look at the minced meat, ready to be cooked. He looked at the blood all over his claws before turning to Angel, smile growing finding the blonde staring at him with an enchanted look in his eyes.

The demon laughed, amused by this. "See somethin' ya' like Cher?" Angel abruptly turned his now red face away, ignoring the others amused laughter. It wasn't often that Alastor flirted with him, but when he did...it was fucking attractive.

"I...hope that ain't one of my neighbors," Angel said as he washed off the carrots from the sink, there was definitely an embarrassed undertone in his voice but he tried his best to hide it.

"No no no, of course not. It is deer." Angel let out a soft 'oh' that made sense, Alastor was a cannibal..as long as he wasn't eating another human he didn't care. Alastor waved his hand and without touching the meat it placed itself in the pan on the stove, it sizzled as soon as the meat hit it.

Angel moved over to one of the counters proceeding to cut the carrots he'd washed. "Y'know, the last time we cooked together we were at each that's throats." Angel reminded as he began cutting up the carrot.

"Hm, yes that was only two months ago was it not?" The redhead spoke from the sink, washing the blood from his claws as his eyes watched Angel fondly.

"I think? So much has been goin' on it's hard to tell." A laugh escaped him as the pair fell into a comfortable silence. The sweet upbeat rhythm of jazz playing..

Angel continued to cut the carrots nearly finished with the first one, without much warning a pair of warms wrapped around his hips and he could feel the breath of his boyfriend running down his neck as his chin rested on the short being's shoulder.

Angel smiled softly, "Am I doin' this right?" Alastor hummed looking into the blonde's eyes when he tilted his head up to look at his demonic boyfriend.

"Yes, you are doing a fine job, my love." Angel was obviously surprised by the term 'my love' his face had reddened a considerable amount and he let out a nervous laugh as he looked forward once more back to the vegetables. Alastor's smile faltered slightly, "I apologize if-"

"No no no-I uh..." Angel smiled, the tips of his ears becoming red. "I like it." Just like that Alastor's smile came back at full volume, he let out a low chuckle and brought a claw under Angel's chin. The human paused in his actions as he allowed the other to gently pull his face to the side, leaving the pair staring at each other with one of Alastor's arms still around him.

Angel smiled and before he knew it he was being kissed by the other, it was short but sweet and it made his heart race like Alastor's kisses always had.