Chapter 53: Siblings

It was growing later in the evening and Angel had just thrown the angel (or Daniel,) into one of his cells. He made someone was keeping a mind on him to make sure he didn't do some sketchy shit.

Currently he was looking for Cherri to go over how Charlie was doing as well as his sister. He had looked all over the agency for her and was close to just giving up and going home, or calling her. Cellphones weren't a popular thing right now and he didn't carry his around that much just because of how big the annoying thing was.

He sighed as he fished for his keys to his office. He was standing in front of the door and turned the door knob just to check. He didn't actually expect it to be open, surprisingly it was in fact open.

That either meant Cherri was in there, or someone who wasn't supposed to be in there decided to go in. If it was the latter than Angel would have some blood to clean up.

He pushed the door open finding no Cherri sitting at his desk like she normally would. He closed the door readying his glock because, ya never know.

He eased his hand off the gun when he noticed a familiar figure perched on his couch, nervously fidgeting with her hands and keeping her eyes down.

"Molly?" The male said more than asked in a confused tone. She looked up to meet her brothers gaze. Her clothes had changed from the dress the last time he'd seen her. She was wearing a jack over a hot pink shirt with a cute black skirt and some knee high black boots.

Angel assumed she'd gotten it from Cherri unless they went back to get her clothes which.. Angel highly doubted. Besides, that definitely felt like Cherri's style and not Molly's.

Angel made his movements as quite as possible, seeing Molly as a scared animal right now. Everything being thrown at her so fast must have been difficult and Angel had felt bad in confiding with her about it. Yes she was his sister but it had been years since they spoke. He didn't want to push all of this on her. She was more human than he'd ever been after all. He always adjusted quickly to situations and became numb to death rather quickly, that in his eyes.. made him less of a human.

But Molly? She was fragile In the mind scape unlike him. She was the last blood family he had on this earth...and the last thing he  wanted to do was break her. The least he could do right now was make sure she was okay.

He walked over, gently taking the empty seat on the red loveseat beside his twin. She still had her eyes casted down, seemingly nervous. The air was awkwardly silent between the twins as neither bothered to look at the other. It reminded Angel of the time Cherri and him had drifted apart...and although Cherri was like a sister to him, Molly was his sister.

So why didn't it feel like that?

He ran a hand through his bangs, leaning forward slightly having his arms resting on his knees as his fingers nervously intertwined much like hers.

".. How ya' doin' Molls?" His tone was soft, as he leaned forward a bit more glancing at her from the side.

His sister seemed troubled, her eyes searching the floors of his office for an answer that wasn't there. Everything had happened so suddenly, with their mother and the news of Angel planning to kill their father...and then Alastor. It was no wonder she looked so troubled and was acting so strange.

Angel's emerald eyes began to draw away from her own, he found himself not wearing his contacts anymore. He wasn't sure if it was a conscious choice or just not wanting to.

He gently placed a hand on her shoulder...this was similar to when they where younger. When Angel would return from his little 'training' sessions with their father. He would come into the bedroom all beaten up, bleeding in various spots and during those times Molly's cheerful exterior would crumble upon seeing Angel's state. She would cry...and she would worry...