Chapter 16: Best Friends

Trivia Question!

Why did Alastor's chest tighten at the end of the chapter?

AND~

Where do you thing the duo will go from here?

                         Answer                                 

Something within Alastor is changing

and

You all will see soon enough.

Cherri quietly closed the door to Angel's room, he'd fallen asleep or rather passed out from crying so much. She wouldn't mention it to him tomorrow knowing he wouldn't want to talk about it. She sighed running a hand through her hair as she went to sit back down on the couch...she couldn't recall the last time she'd seen Angel cry...much less sob.

When she heard that Alastor would reject Angel knowing he would confess...Cherri wanted to tell the demon no, to let her do it...to let her be the one to tell him that Alastor hadn't felt that way...but, she knew she couldn't.

She still didn't trust it, yet she understood why Alastor had to be the one to tell Angel. If she would have told him, he most likely would have gotten angry with her again thinking she was simply lying...Angel would have been in denial unless the demon itself told him. She didn't know what Alastor had said to him..but whatever it was it must have been harsh to cause Angel to be in such a state...or maybe Angel just had fallen that hard for Alastor...either way, she hoped those emotions would finally be gone from her friend.

Her anger towards the other was dying down now as she leaned back against the couch. She could no longer say she hated Alastor, and she hadn't been angry at Alastor for rejecting Angel. Even if it was a demon she understood, you couldn't force yourself with someone just because they felt that way about you. Cherri had been in that situation far too many times and although she probably didn't understand how the demon felt...well, she understood it's situation.

It wouldn't be right for Alastor to force themselves to be with Angel just to make the other happy, not only would that relationship be forced and fake..but Alastor would likely be uncomfortable. Either way..Cherri never liked the idea of Angel being with a demon much less Alastor...so she was relived in that sense as well.