Chapter 41: Into his past

Chapter Summary                    

Rose and Angel talk about Allen

               They'd spend the whole day together, surprisingly. Rose had shown Angel her favorite placed of New Orleans and they'd spent the entire day doing that.

He glanced up at the sky as they walked down the sidewalk now, Angel glanced at the sky as it was beginning to get rather dark..He looked back at the women in front of him who was humming to herself as they walked. Soft jazz filled the streets and only a few people lingered as it began to become dark out.

Rose had mentioned something about wanting to show Angel something before their little tour came to an end. He wasn't sure where she was taking him but he trusted she wasn't dragging him into a gunfight, and if she was....well, he was sure he could get his way out of it. It wouldn't be the first time he was surrounded by gunmen and survived.

"Where almost 'dere." She announced, sensing Angel's curiosity. The blonde merely nodded, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants as they walked down the sidewalk.

The blonde sighed, as he reached into his jacket and pulled out a half finished blunt. When he lit it with the lighter, Rose glanced over her shoulder. The blunt was smacked out of his hand and grounded on her shoe before it could even reach his lips.

"What the hell Rose!" Angel complained but this women wasn't having it. She waved her finger infront of him shaking her head,

"Don' you go and smoke that in front of me city boi. Smoking is bad for you." Angel rolled his eye, he groaned and put away the lighter.

"Ugh, fine." He wouldn't smoke, for now at least.

Satisfied with the destroyed blunt on the ground Rose continued walking, Angel would have picked it up, if the poor thing wasn't ground to shred by her excessive shoe stomping.

They continued in silence for a bit longer just listening to jazz players in the streets and in bars they passed by..New Orleans really was filled with music, Alastor hadn't lied about that. He'd only wished the other was here to experience it with him...

It was only when Rose stopped in front of a church did Angel raise an eyebrow. It was in a more of a grassy area from the main streets and sprung off into something of a small field that had a large black fence going around it. The church was a cute little thing, white and it wasn't too big just enough to fit maybe a crowd in there.

What confused Angel was that the church looked old, the white paint peeling off and the overgrown grass, dusty windows, and some broken ones even where more enough to show this church wasn't used anymore. The church faced them but Angel could barely see what looked to be a backyard to the church holding some kind of stone objects..he wasn't sure, it was hard to see from here. Even when he craned his neck to try and get a better look he still was unable to see.