Chapter 36: Learn to Live again

Chapter Summary                              

Time presses on and Angel is gone

                                                                          1 month later...........

Cherri paced around her office, a month had passed since Alastor had up and left Angel's side. She tried to go to his apartment to talk to him the day after the whole incident..hoping he'd cooled down and would talk to her, but he hadn't been there. His apartment was empty, and there was no sign that he was even there.

She tried calling him but no answer, it was almost as if he'd completely disappeared off the face off the earth. She was worried...no worried didn't even begin to describe how concerned she was about where he was. For all she knew he could have been dead.....the only idea she had of finding him was the redhead, but he was down in hell..and last time she checked, hell didn't have a cellphone number. What was worse, Charlie had gone missing during that month as well...she didn't show up to work again, and no calls or anything.

Had she driven her away? Everything felt like it was falling apart, her only option was to summon Alastor and ask him to try and search for Angel...if the redhead wasn't angry already with forcefully being summoned.

She didn't know where Charlie lived, she'd have to ask Vaggie but the girl had been in tears since the first two weeks of Charlie disappearing.

She sighed as she sat down on the couch.....

"......Angel, where are you?"

The man held the blunt between his fingers, taking another hit from it as his eyes watched the trolley go by. He was standing under the shade of one of the buildings around here, women in short little skirts of warm brown skin passed him by, some gave him a looks of curiosity or a flirtatious one while others seemed to be trying to decipher if he was male or not.

He hadn't cared either way...he wasn't dressed like his usual self.

His long blonde hair was tied up in a pony-tail, the usual dark eyeliner around his tired eyes (with the one being shut of course). He wasn't wearing his usual suit either, he was dressed in black slacks and a pink short-sleeved shirt with top two buttons undone with the long black jacket over it. For the first time, his hands weren't covered up by gloves...He always caught himself looking at his hand for the mark, but it was never there.

The blonde closed his eyes...he could hear the soft tune of a trumpet from nearby, it played in the brick streets. He opened the eye glancing down the street at the small crowd forming around the sound.

He shouldn't be here, he knew that...but he hadn't wanted to be back in New York either, not for the time being at least. Something about this place was.....oddly comforting. He wasn't sure if it was due to his mother or.....

He sighed, no he wouldn't say their name..nor think it. He wasn't here for that.

He'd been here for almost a month now, since that day he was beginning to do drugs again but not too heavily..if anything he just took them whenever the pain returned or the cravings. He just needed to stop being Angel Dust for awhile, to just be somewhere where nobody knew him..where he didn't have enemies or friends...just be someone nobody knew.