Chapter 19: Warehouse

Trivia question

Why did Angel go into the bathroom with the

knife at the end of the chapter?

Answer: Angel had dark thoughts.

Alastors hand wrapped around Angel's as they walked through the darkness, Angel followed the demons lead now being practically blind in the darkness. It had been quiet for awhile and the path they were taking was rather long...just another tunnel.

Angel felt his cheeks warm as they walked, he didn't want to hold the others hand-he wasn't lying! He felt awkward after their last exchange and their brief chat in the office hadn't helped that. The silence between them wasn't helping either...worst of all..Angel couldn't take his eyes off their joined hands.

Angel halted suddenly when a red light was emitting from beneath his glove. As he stopped he pulled on Alastor's arm in the process who turned around now as Angel pulled his hand apart from the others, the glow immediately faded.... Angel stared at his hand for a moment though he couldn't see it in the darkness he knew it was in front of his face. He slowly reached forward tugging the black glove off...the emblem was glowing a dim red in the cave.

Alastor turned fully to Angel now staring at the others hand as it glowed...Angel turned his hand towards Alastor so the emblem was facing Angel's eyes now...he was surprised when another hand pressed to his, he stared up at the demon in front of him..his eyes holding a softer gaze than usual.

Alastor stared into those dark eyes, his claws slowly intertwined with the human's fingers. Angel's cheeks grew more red as did the emblem on his hand, it glowed brighter illuminating Angel's face.

Compared to the feeling before....the emblem radiated a warm glow that the pair seemed to feel at the same time. Alastor eyed the emblem then looked at Angel, this was strange. The emblem was always anyone who had made a deal with him, yes it hadn't always appeared on their hand and it surely never glowed, especially this bright. Why did Angel's emblem glow and so brightly at that, especially when their hands were joined? Was it simply because Angel was human? Or........something else?