Chapter 47: War is coming

"The days are coming down to the wire, and we're gettin' closer to the fight." Angel began, pausing to make sure he had everyone's attention. When he made sure that he continued. "Henroin is no dumbass, now he's aware I'm after him because of a little pest. But it's just a minor set back." Angel pushed off the desk as he folded his arms over his chest. "Now he has an angel on his side, and it's after my head."

"There's a fucking angel now!" Pentious yelled. "I want a fucking angel! Where is my angel!" Angel rolled his eyes ignoring the man's comment.

"I don't know who this angel is or what it can do. So we need to be on our guard, expect this fight to be happening within the coming days if not the following week. Things are getting worse and we don't have much time left.

We need to gather as many allies as we can for this, going in there alone is suicide." Cherri raised a brow at the word. Angel sighed, eyes trailing around the room; "and although it possibly isn't likely...I would like to come out of this fight with every one of you still alive."

"I hope you mean yourself too." Cherri budded in, Angel met her gaze and slowly nodded, not angry for the interruption.

"Yeah, all of us." He reached behind him to pick up a clipboard looking over it.

"So, to go over a list of things we need to get done before this, I'm gonna check in with the boys in the armory to make sure that's all set." He paused writing something down on the clipboard, he stopped and pointed the end of his pen at Cherri without taking his eyes off the clipboard.

"Cherri you're on explosives and making sure they all work properly. You can do that after you follow up with Charlie on her training and make sure she ain't dead." Another pause and something being written down. Cherri didn't bother questioning why Angel was training the girl in the first place, she'd ask that after the meeting.

The pen was now pointed to Pentious who was mindlessly cleaning some dirt from under his nails. "Pentious." The man glanced up at his name.

"WHAT." Angel paused, eyes glancing up from the board to look at the man from across the room. The look he gave him practically said 'I'm not dealing with your shit today.' Pentious only rolled his eyes and surprisingly no sass was delivered back.

"We're gonna need the extra hands so you and your 'minions' will go with us on that day. Cherri you'll run them do some training as well make sure they're not useless." He scribbled something down before speaking back to Pentious. "For now I need you to go with one of my agents and check my warehouse to make sure the shit in there is ready to go. It's where we keep our guns and shit." One would argue telling this to someone who wasn't in his agency was a bad idea. Angel would argue back that Pentious was too stupid to realize that and that it was fine. He wasn't wrong.