Chapter 27: Alone together

When the car finally pulled to a stop...it hadn't been at a park or some sort of shop or food place like Angel expected. No, in fact....it had been on the side of the road leading into the woodland area.

As the car shut off Angel glanced to the brunette who was wearing his usual smile, in his human form it seemed more forced Angel had noticed. "So why we in da' woods? Ya' plannin' to kill me haha.." Angel joked.

However, he didn't receive the usual reaction from Alastor...when he looked to the other the brunette had been leaning forward gripping the steering wheel tightly. His eyes where shut and he seemed to be wincing as the other hand grabbed his hair tightly. Angel unbuckled his seat belt and immediately leaned forward grabbing the others shoulder.

"Aye-Alastor are ya' okay? What's wrong..." What happened...he seemed fine just a moment ago. Had he done something wrong...said something to offend the other?

Alastor only grunted trying to push the pain back...it was a burning pain that filled his body as if it where being burned from the inside...he just had to endure it. He wasn't ready to go back....not yet....not yet.

"Al...the form-it's hurtin' you isn't it..Alastor change back please don't hurt yourself!" Alastor hardly heard Angel's words over the ringing in his ears...the pain slowly began to subside and he could breathe easy once again...

"I.......am fine, my dear." Alastor said opening his eyes as he slowly sat up. Angel didn't remove the hand from the brunettes shoulder, he was worried. He didn't want to lose Alastor, not when he'd just gotten this close to him.

"Ya' clearly not....mind fuckin' tellin' me what that was about?" Alastor took a deep breathe trying to get his breathing under control once more. It was the third day he'd been here, in the living world...and he knew that. Alastor had been aware of how long he'd been here...but he didn't want to return, not yet.

"Al...what's goin' on?" Angel's voice finally registered...ah, that was right. He had never told Angel of his time limit on this world, back then he didn't do so because he didn't want to be exploited by the other...He didn't want to tell Angel even now, but for different reasons. He didn't want the blonde to worry about him, as he was doing now.

..He would tell Angel when he departed at the end of their day together...but right now? He didn't want Angel to worry, but just to enjoy today. He would have to keep an eye on himself though..that was clear.

Alastor finally turned to Angel to address his worried companion, "I am fine my dear, I apologize for worrying you." Angel crossed his arms over his chest. He wasn't sure what was going on with Alastor but he didn't want risk getting into an argument.

Alastor and him had just seemed to be on good terms finally and he hadn't wanted to ruin that. He would be keeping a closer eye on it though... Besides if anyone knew what it felt like to be given unwanted pity, it was Angel.

Alastor opened the car door once e had catched his breathe, Angel followed his lead doing the same. Alastor walked around to Angel's side walking into the forest the blonde not far behind,

"So can I pick da' spot where ya put my body?" Alastor rolled his eyes when Angel started up again with his jokes. "I'm thinkin' flowers would look real nice around my grave." Alastor continued on listening to the others jokes.

"Ah yes, I will surely let you pick the spot." He figured he would humor the other, Angel smirked when Alastor finally replied.

"Wow, how sweet of ya' Al." Alastor maneuver around some trees his shoes crunching against the dead leaves on the forest floor as he searched around for a suitable spot. It was quiet beautiful actually...the entire forest was dressed in vibrant colors of orange, red and yellows. It was nice to hear the sounds of the stream and occasional birds chirping compared to the usual hustle and bustle of cars and people talking in the streets.