Chapter 17: Invisible wall

Hello my amazing readers, thank you all for your support it really means a lot to me. Your kind words put a smile on my face and brightened my day when it was going horrible so thank you guys. You all made my day yesterday and I thank you for that...I hope you all enjoy this chapter and again, thank you.

Angel sighed as he fiddled with the key, Cherri watched him holding their precious box of donuts. He finally got the door open, he pushed it open before stepping aside motioning for Cherri to go first, "Ladies first." Cherri rolled her eyes as she removed her fedora

"Why thank ya, kind sir," she said back heading into the office Angel being right behind her. He closed the door as he normally did before removing his own fedora.

"So is ya' lil' boyfriend comin'?" Angel asked now shrugging off his coat. Compared to his usual pink suit today, he was wearing black pants rather than pink and a back tie to go with the pink button-down shirt. For once he'd dressed a bit more how he felt today, that and he wanted to look a little discreet.

Cherri sat down on the couch, rolling her eyes at the boyfriend's comment as she took out a pocket knife from her suit and cleanly sliced the pink box open. She chose one of the several strawberry donuts before replying to Angel's question, "Yeah, edgelord will be 'ere soon." She took a bite of the donut eyeing Angel who searched for a cigar in his drawers. He normally kept them in his desk so seeing him doing that wasn't surprising.

"Good, we'll need a lot more help on this one," Angel said finally finding a cigar, he grabbed a match from his desk lighting the dammned thing before sitting down next to Cherri. She grabbed the coffee that Angel had been holding for her taking a sip of it before letting out a content sigh and leaning back into the couch.

For once, things felt peaceful between the two of them. She hadn't remembered the last time she and Angel had sat here like this just eating donuts and coffee, though she assumed it wouldn't last long once Alastor was summoned.

Taking another sip of her coffee and placing the donut down, for now, Cherri looked to Angel who rested one arm across the couch, the other holding his cigar to his lips before taking it away. The other breathed out a heavy sigh letting the smoke cloud engulf him as he closed his eye seeming to take it all in.

"So, didja just want me to go on this trip cuz of that? Or....is it 'cause of Alastor?" Cherri noticed the tense in Angel's shoulders when she mentioned the name, slowly Angel opened his eye once more leaning forward and placing the cigar down in the ashtray for a minute. He kept his gaze on that cigar for a while before actually looking to Cherri, "Ya' can be honest with me, no more secrets." She reminded him, she didn't want Angel to pretend he was okay when he wasn't and she didn't want him to forget that she was still his friend.

Angel took in her words, processing them before he let out a groan sitting up now turning to her, pressing a hand on the couch for support as his other moved while he spoke. "It's just, both I guess? I don' really wan' be around him, but...at the same time, I know I can't avoid em'. Y'know?" Angel paused and Cherri nodded,

she hadn't understood completely but she had understood to some extent. When things became weird between her and Angel she had wanted to avoid him like the plague...but she hadn't she knew to do so would result in them drifting apart and although they had drifted...it wasn't as far. Now, they were close once more and that was because she'd stayed. She didn't understand what Angel was feeling towards Alastor, and she herself wasn't sure how to feel about his whole situation....but, regardless if she agreed or not she would be here for him.