Chapter 45: Charlie's judgement

"You leave her alone! I swear I'll kill you if you hurt her!" Vaggie yelled squirming around in Cherri's hold as the pink-haired women dragged the other girl out. She was glaring at Angel as she continued to yell at him. The man didn't say anything in return but just standing there with his arms folded as his gaze remained on something else besides the scene.

He'd told Vaggie that he needed to speak to Charlie, completely alone. This was her reaction. She didn't trust Angel, she just tolerated him. It hadn't really helped his gaze when he told her that paired with the look of bloodlust on his face.

Charlie was sitting on the couch, listening to all of this. She was in some PJ pants and a T-shirt when Angel came into the room stating they needed to talk. She had been happy and relieved to see him, but at the same time felt some sort of dread climbing up her back and slowly suffocating her.

She wasn't saying anything, nor was she looking up. Her gaze was casted down to her slippers a solemn look to her plump face. Her usual cheerful vibe was gone, she knew Angel would find out. She wasn't scared, she accepted this, that Angel may kill her or that he would be angry with her. Anything he did, no matter the punishment, she would accept it without fighting.

The door clicked close, Angel turned to the small women watching as she refused to look at him. The look in his eyes was less than sympathetic, nobody betrayed him and Charlie knew that. Yet she still did what she did despite that fact.

"Tsk." Angel clicked his teeth as he stepped closer to her, drawing his pistol from under his jack and aiming it right at the women.

She heard the gun being drawn but didn't move, didn't tense or flinch. She was ready, she accepted it.

Angel cast his eyes down on the women, a sharp look to them. His fingers curled around the gun as his other hand rested in the pocket of his black pants. There was no hesitance in his body language, he seemed perfectly relaxed despite the obvious anger in his gaze. Every action, movement, and sentence he was all aware of it and knew what he was doing.

"You fucking betrayed me, Charlie." Angel's tone was low, and dangerous. Just hearing it sent chills around her arms. When Charlie said nothing an audible growl emitted from Angel's throat his anger boiling. If there was anything near him within arm's length it would have been broken.

"WHY! Why the fuck did you betray me huh! Fucking answer me!" Charlie knotted her hands in her pants, unsure of what to say. What could she say in this situation, nothing she said would suffice or justify her actions. She couldn't think of anything to say, so she remained quiet. It only seemed to anger Angel even more.

His teeth were bared now, clenched together in an attempt to keep himself from lashing out.

"I know what the fuck you are now! But I don't care!" Charlie eyes glanced up through her bangs, that comment had caught her attention a bit. She'd expected Angel to be angry with her for lying to him about what she really was...but in a strange way, she was..relived he wasn't. Still, it did nothing to wash away the guilt she felt for all of this.