Chapter 14: Real vs Fake PT. 1

As the screams of torture and heat of hell faded into a cool December wind...

Alastor opened his eyes the cool air of the earth brushing across his face...it had worked....he was crouched on the cold ground in the city somewhere. He looked down at his hands, the brown gloves covering a warm chocolate brown skin..dressed in that same outfit he died in all those years ago...

He pushed himself off the ground taking in a breath as he took in his surroundings...tombstones littered the area and no humans were in sight..good. He brushed himself off as he walked down the path the cold of New York biting at his exposed arms due to the short-sleeved dress shirt he wore under that vest. The grin on his human face was a bit larger now mostly due to the aggravation he was feeling...part of that contract was being able to sense the other halves life force and their state of being..

Angel's life force was weaker now...

not in the sense that he was dying..but rather he was becoming weaker...

His fist clenched tightly threatening to rip the fabric, he was thankful he still possessed his demonic powers in this form however this time this form was not an illusion or what very real. He had to be more careful in it, he could not be killed no-not if it wasn't a demon weapon, but he could still be very easily injured. He was not worried though, he knew his form had high pain tolerance and was used to physical activity.

Alastor briskly walked towards the back of the cemetery under the shade of some trees ignoring the grave stones littered there...he stepped under the shadows that the tree cast and with the snap of his fingers those familiar shadows he'd been associated with in his demon form, slowly wrapped around his human form slowly dragging him down into the shadows as the demon did not utter a word.

Cherri cursed under her breath as she slammed the door of his office open- still not here. He hadn't been at the apartment. It was empty in fact and Angel wasn't picking up his phone either...shit!

Cherri was pacing around Angel's office now running a hand through her hair, she would have thrown this all on Alastor but she's trusted Angel and his words, the demon had no motive to hurt Angel so there would be no point in taking him somewhere...maybe she was overreacting? Maybe Angel was okay, maybe he was just out and wasn't answering her because he was still mad at her...

She let out a sigh leaning over the desk now biting her lower lip as her fingers dug into the wood of the desk. Dammit! She should have been there for him...she should have gone back sooner just to protect him...That man was a fake, and Angel was in trouble...but he didn't know where he was!

She reeled back grabbing fist full of her pink hair, "god dammit Angel, where the fuck are you!"

"I am too and wondering that." Cherri spun around on her heel upon hearing that voice and before she'd turn fully around she'd drawn her gun the end of it now pointed at the man in front of her...her eyes settled on them as the grip around her gun tightened.

Their brown hair and eyes...that large grin..those sadistic eyes...

sadistic eyes

Cherri paused not yet shooting or firing a warning shot... "Alastor..is that fuckin' you?" They laughed,