Chapter 26: No going back

Angel hadn't known what to expect, the last time he was alone with Alastor, had been the night before their heist. (Fun fact I was writing that sentence on my phone and it tried to correct heist to 'wedding')Even back then things had been....weird. Back then.....what was he saying, that had only been a month ago.

Even then...so much had happened in that month...in a strange way..though quiet a few bad things happened, Angel's life seemed to finally be getting better.

He hadn't really 'hung out' with anyone since Cherri...and even that had been quiet awhile ago. Speaking of...perhaps he should call her and check in. When Angel wasn't at the agency she was, and she was the one watching over everything making sure it was okay. Angel sighed, he'd left his cellphone in the apartment...he brushed it off.

He could imagine calling the girl asking if everything was alright only to be lectured that this was his day off and to stop worrying. He'd done that in the past on one of his few days off and Cherri had done just that. He smirked at the memory, of calling the agency and her picking up..before he could get a word out she'd already knew it was him and told him to hang up and go relax...that everything was fine.

He sighed...

Everything would be fine...Cherri could handle it.

Angel was currently leaning against the side of his car, waiting for the other. Alastor had told him to go ahead and to wait for him at the car....Angel hadn't known why but went ahead anyway.

Angel fiddled with a loose strain of blonde hair that had escaped the secure pony-tail Alastor put his hair in...there were a few things running through Angel's mind, and he was having a hard time convincing himself that this wasn't all just some dream he was having..and that he'd wake up again where Alastor and him where nothing more than business partners.

The memories of his ex still lingered as well...but to a lesser degree now. Being around Alastor, it was strange.....before it was as if his urges to harm himself had increased..that his bad thoughts where stronger....but now?

Well... they seemed to be weaker...almost as if Alastor was a...guardian angel of his.

He scoffed at that....Alastor, an angel? That was a silly idea...maybe he was just feeling better because of the position their relationship was in...because there wasn't a wall of ice there any longer.

Could demons even become angels?

"I apologize for the wait.." Angel glanced up seeing the man walking towards him adjusting his cuffs...why had Alastor been in his human form?