Chapter 18: Distance

I'm not one to add video's at the start of my chapters nor add music but ugh..well this song is amazing and special and you'll find out why. Also I think it fits this chapter fairly well, and again you'll see why.

Angel slipped into the driver seat of his car, Pentious was riding with while Alastor was in Cherri car. It would be strange if they road together as two cars pulling up to a warehouse would appear suspicious...Angel had planned for them to split off into two separate areas when they arrived there anyway. This way it would be easier...

Angel glanced to to the small microphone sitting next to the stick of the car. It was a small microphone that clipped onto the back of his ear much like a headset but quiet a lot smaller. Cherri had one as well, though they where turned off for the time being until they arrived at the sight. They ran on a small battery and had limited juice, it was their way of communicating while there.

Angel had a few bombs on him, they where small but packed a hell of a punch and stuck to any object they where pressed upon. They where roughly the size of an apple and Angel had a bag full of them in the back of his car. Angel would hold them while leading Pentious through the area while the man covered his back so he didn't get a bullet in his head.

As Angel started up the car Pentious looked to the shorter man who strongly resembled women but then, he always had. It was strange, the two of them hadn't really been alone nor this close to one another since all those years ago. Back then Pentious had been a threat to Angel as he was just becoming a new mob boss and while Pentious was only four years older than him, Angel still had more experience. Now having his own agency and many areas of his own,

well...Pentious hardly compared to the blonde. He may had appeared to be a woman and he might have looked fragile...but Pentious and many of Angel's other enemy's knew that the blonde could kill them with his eyes closed if he really wanted to.

"What the hell is up with that demon! Did you two fuck or something," Pentious stated not caring for a filter nor reading the air coming off of the blonde. Angel side-eyed him the look on his face practically screaming 'mind your damn business.'

"No," Angel stated as he pulled the car forward beginning to drive out of his spot, he briefly glanced in the mirror checking to see the Cherri was following. When he saw the car behind him beginning to follow he continued on keeping his gaze on the road.

"Are you sure? Because it fucking looks that way, honestly the way you two were acting. It looked like you two had a one night stand and that bastard shoved his mic too far up your ass." Angel's eye twitched suddenly regretting pairing up with the other..god dammit maybe pairing up with Alastor wouldn't have been that bad. Then again, he doubted they would have talked if at all..especially after that exchange. Angel hadn't meant to snap at Alastor..he'd just been bothered by the other's presence and the redhead approaching him well...it had just annoyed him, especially with the whole 'darling' thing.

"I just made a mistake that's all," Angel offered hoping that would get the other to be quiet. He would have turned on the radio if he was not currently driving...apart of him had missed driving with the other. How Alastor would not attempt to speak if he knew it was not needed, or how he would turn the radio on to play music when he noticed Angel becoming uncomfortable. It was rather....comforting, but those times had gone.