Chapter 39: We'll meet again

Angel eyed the drink in front of him as one of his legs loosely wrapped around the stool. He was sitting at the counter in one of the diners in New Orleans. He seated himself near the far corner of the counter not wishing to disturb others or be disturbed himself. He watched the coffee in his mug, his cheek rested in one of his hands while the other rested against the counter.

"It ain't bout to jump out dat cup, if dats why ya starin' at it." Angel heard the voice behind him, he didn't bother turning to look at them as he already had a hunch of just who it was. He heard their footsteps moved beside him followed by the feint squeak of the stool to his left  as they hopped up on it.

It was then he allowed his gaze to wander over to them, the dark-skinned women leaned on the counter. Her red lips turned up into a smile as those brown eyes stared at Angel. "Ya' stalkin' me now?" Angel mused as he took a sip of his coffee now, not taking his gaze off the women who laughed at his comment.

"Nah, ya' just happen to be in all mah favorite places." Angel shook his head, a soft clink echoed through the diner as he set his mug back down against the marble surface of the counter. A soft tune played on the juice box and there weren't many people here at the moment as it was only early in the morning.

"Really? I don' believe ya." Angel tossed back, turning on the stool until he was fully facing the women. She shrugged, she was wearing black pants again today but a yellow button down shirt this time. Her hair was still tied back the same it had been the last time he'd seen her with the bandana being yellow as well.

He caught some of the men in the place and even a few women looking at her in a strange way, but she didn't seem to care even if she caught them staring too.

"Ya' wouldn't be da first den." She fell silent for a moment as she ordered something from the women behind the counter, a coffee or something along those lines.

Angel fell quiet for a moment, curious about her words but choosing not to push it.

"Don' ya own any skirts or dresses?" Angel inquired, he hadn't meant it in a rude way but it had come out like that. It was just how he asked questions..thankfully Rose didn't seem to take it to heart. She just smirked slightly, eyeing Angel's own attire for the day.

It was a tad different than what she'd seen him in last (which had been two days ago); today he'd actually been wearing a red blouse with a low cut for the neck, frills surrounded it. There was a belt around his hips to secure the beige pants he wore and he wore his hair back once more, allowing just some of his bangs to curve over his forehead. Clearly he was going for more of a feminine look but he seemed hesitant and she picked up on that.

"Don'cha own a suit?" She said it in a teasing manner as to show him she didn't mean it. Angel only smirked and let out a little chuckle to her reply not taking it to heart either. Even if it had been an insult it would take far worse to hurt his feelings.

The only person who could hurt him so easily was.....

"Nah, I made sure there was none in my suitcases." Rose was the one to chuckle now as she shook her head. She gave a soft thank you to the women who placed a mug down in front of her and-had angel caught Rose winking at them?