Chapter 60: Being a demon

60 chapters! WOAH. You guys are amazing :) and I will say the story is nearing its ending although I'll save that speech for the final chapter. I will also say that there are going to be a few extra chapters that are in parts that tie in with the story but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. This is one of those fics I poured my heart and soul into and I am SO happy you all enjoy it and I can't believe we're on chapter 60, that blows my mind how many chapters are in this book.

The original story line was so basic 'Angel makes a deal with a demon to kill his dad, in exchange he's the demons toy for all eternity.' I honestly didn't expect it to go on this long but the fact that it has just.....WOW.

Also I apologize for getting this out so late I was feeling a bit unwell and overworked and had to take some time away from writing to address to issue. ANYWAY

 without further adew....

Enjoy the chapter :)

                                   Cherri wasn't sure where Alastor was leading her, it felt rather strange to walk around hell it was hard to believe she was really here, almost like a fever dream. She couldn't lie..she expected the streets and sidewalk to feel a lot hotter on her bare feet. She expected hell to be the blazing inferno those old books she read as a child always said it was...but honestly, hell looked a lot like a big city except just..different. She would have thought this was still the living world if not for the red sky unlike earth's blue giving every building a darker look to them..and earth certainly did have a large demonic pentagram looming over them. The air was also noticeably different, it felt heavier and harder to breathe..almost like she was breathing in ash.

Although it was warm here to the point where it made you sweat a little, it wasn't scorching hot and nothing was on fire. which was surprising to Cherri. The only off putting thing was the pained screams somewhere far off in the distance.

As she took in a deep breath she let out a harsh cough prompting an amused smile from the redhead who walked in front of her. "You'll get used to that," his words carried a hint of amusement to them as if remembering the first time he breathed in Hell's putrid air.

Alastor paused as the pair stood on the sidewalk, suddenly he spun around to look at Cherri whilst eyeing her clothing. Her clothes where yes, still tattered that hadn't changed since the last chapter...they were brown and he swore she did snatch those from another demon. If that was the case he commended her for such a feat and so quickly. He was still confused as to why she seemed to have control over her legs. The little test he had in store for her would either confirm or deny his suspicion that tied in with that large X on her eye.