Chapter 49: Its okay to cry

Alastor watched Angel's still figure from the kitchen as his boyfriend remained on the couch, knees pulled up to his chest and head down with his blonde hair still up but falling over his shoulders. He didn't sound like he was crying, but he was very silent. Alastor had to actually pause a few different times to check that the other was breathing. It was actually quite an interesting change. To think, just a month and some weeks ago Alastor wouldn't have cared at all whether or not Angel was hurt or even dying much less in pain...

But now? He was constantly looking over his shoulder just to check if the other was okay. Truly..so much had changed in such a short time.

Once they arrived back at Angel's apartment Alastor had directed Molly to the guest room he stayed in before. Cherri had been called and surprisingly Alastor had been the one to phone Cherri and not Angel. As for the ride back to Angel's home, it was very quiet and Angel hadn't said a word nor shed a tear, Molly had shred several but Alastor hadn't minded.

Cherri had been a bit worried when it was Alastor's voice that she heard on the phone and not Angel's but he simply asked her to come over and tend to a guest of Angel's.

When Alastor mentioned it was Molly ...well Cherri had a few questions but withheld them for Angel's sake. Cherri knew Molly from her and Angel's childhood so she wasn't surprised to see her although she was happy.

At the moment, Molly was taking up refuge in one of Angel's guest's rooms and Cherri was tending to her while Alastor did the same with Angel. He wasn't very good at comforting anyone but Angel was an exception to that..still, he promised he would take care of the both of them as a mother's final requests...so the least he could do was get another to comfort her while he could not.

With the female twin taken care of under Cherri's watch, Alastor just watched over Angel from afar while he tasked himself with preparing dinner for the evening.

If there was anyone who knew what it felt like to lose someone dear to you it was most definitely Alastor. Although he wasn't sure if Angel required space right now or not....he didn't go to his room so..that said something. Alastor's smile faltered, not frowning quietly yet. He felt the need to smile more than ever now as if carrying on the metaphoric torch that Angel's mother seemed to past on to him with a silent request to 'keep smiling' and 'stay strong for them.'

He sighed as he looked back at the stew he was currently cooking, it had all sorts of meats and vegetables in it with a thick and rich brown sauce for the broth. He would imagine this was a dish both Angel and Molly would very much need after such a day and with how cold it was outside well...he hoped it would help.

Alastor was still in his human form for the time being finding the idea of revealing his true form to Molly less than helpful for the girl especially right now. Normally he wouldn't care but he was doing such a thing for Angel's sake. Still, being in this form didn't mean his abilities were limited after all this form was merely an illusion of what he used to look like before his death and wasn't his real body. His real body was most likely out there somewhere decayed and in the ground.

He waved his hand in the air and the lid resting on the counter put itself on top of the pot to keep the steam inside. With another wave of his hand, the fire under the pot lowered as to not burn the stew.

With that done, he turned his attention back to the blonde who hadn't moved since the last time he looked. The brunette sighed, rubbing a hand through his hair. He held out one of his hands and with the other waved it over the empty surface of his hand. When his hand moved away a pink coffee cup was there that wasn't before. Another wave over the cup and there was some steaming coco in it with some colorful marshmallows floating around in it.