Chapter 24: A deal

Charlie gripped the steering wheel allowing her frustration to melt into it...How infuriating....Alastor refused to listen to her! ..Angel could be killed because of him..worse..Alastor could die..especially if he stayed in the human world for too long...This was too dangerous. Charlie sighed leaning her head against the steering wheel as the darkness of the night engulfed her car...

she closed her eyes...

what was she going to do?

"Why won't you just listen Alastor...I'm doing this for you...For all of you." She said talking to herself..not that anyone would listen. She couldn't just tell someone that she was half-demon and that she was really the princess of hell just waiting to die to reunite with the other half of her soul...AND that she was trying to get one of her subjects -Alastor- to go back to hell not only to keep him safe and from dying..but Also to keep Angel safe.

Because Charlie was the princess of hell..she had a unique ability..she could sense just how close a human was to death...she would begin to see visions of that person...of their death, not in detail but blurred visions..and their soul would feel weaker. The weaker it felt the closer they were to their death date.

Charlie knew this...and she wouldn't try to prevent Angel from dying when his time came...because she knew every humans time came..and that she couldn't mess with that as her part in it all. It was just the balance of death and life, heaven and hell...and she had no right to interfere with that...neither did Alastor.

She knew...if they became closer, if they where romantically involved...not only would that change Alastor...but she also knew Alastor would try to prevent Angel from dying. She didn't know exactly what would happen if they kissed or slept together...or even held hands. A human and a demon...it was unheard of, in all of history..it had never happened..So Charlie wasn't sure of the consequences that would come of that.

..If she wanted to get Alastor back to hell and make him stay there..she surely couldn't do it alone. She had her demon form, yes, but that was all it was. She had no real power..aside from the ability to see someone's appending death and having the memories of hell. If she took on Alastor, she would be taken down quickly...Alastor was stronger than her, especially in this form. She wasn't sure what the power was on her form in hell especially since it was still a baby.

Even if she was in her full demon form back in hell, she doubted she could take him to bring him back to hell due to the other forms age. She would need help...

She massaged her temples... maybe Angel would listen to her if she explained? ...No, that wouldn't work. Demons were known to make deals sometimes in order to obtain what they wanted...

Alastor was likely no different...he probably made a deal of some sort with Angel, and if Charlie tried to come in between that...Angel would shut her down. Not only that..but he may go to Alastor with it...which would just make things worse. Her time hadn't come yet..and she didn't intend to cause a premature death for herself.

Angel on the other hand.....