Chapter 51: The angel

The morning was early still, the sun not very high in the sky that dusted grey and vibrant orange that peaked through the windows of the bedroom. The faint sound of cars in the streets below is what had prone Angel to begin stirring awake. As his mind faded into consciousness he felt......warm. The familiar scent of strawberries pleasantly invaded his senses. He felt safe....and warm like this.

His eyes slowly fluttered open and his heart nearly jumped into his throat at the image that greeted him. He wasn't expecting to wake up above all else to the redheads sleeping face. He stared at the other for a moment, taken aback at first...Alastor was sleeping so peacefully laying down properly this time right beside Angel. His eyes were closed and his lips turned up in a soft smile as soft breaths escaped him.

Angel had thought he was the one to move in his sleep close to Alastor..but as it stood he found one of Alastor's arms wrapped around his back while the other was under him around his hips. Angel smiled softly as a little chuckle escaped him. He snuggled closer into the crook of Alastor's neck breathing in his scent.

"I am so happy right now.." Angel muttered into the other's neck. He was startled when the other let out a deep chuckle prompting Angel to scoot away.Alastor opened his eyes, the scarlet hues appeared softy and foggy as the demon looked at his boyfriend through lidded eyes.

 "Cher.. why did you move." Angel's cheeks flushed that vibrant red.

Angel wasn't sure what to say, it had been years since he woke up next to someone and the closes he'd come to that was after fucking them. But they were just sleeping, and yet here Alastor remained.

Angels lost expression and lack of words didn't go unnoticed by his boyfriend who gently brought a hand up to the other's face. He moved some strains of hair away from his face as the mob boss slowly lowered back into the mattress. He let out a sigh, relaxing into Alastor's touch.

"Sorry.. " The human finally spoke, Alastor just watched Angel with a soft smile. "It's been a while since... I've laid next to someone. Without.. fuckin' 'em." Alastor grimaced slightly at the term but otherwise understood. It was quite sad really but he never did expect anything less from humans and humanity as a whole. Well, that was until he'd met Angel of course.In such a short time he had managed to change his view if just a bit, his view that.. perhaps not all humans were weak-minded and only sought out power, pleasure, money or some meaningless goal hardly achievable in such a short life span. 

With Alastor being a demon, he had all the time in the world.. down in hell that was. Here, well the same couldn't be said.

As Angel laid there in the comfort of his boyfriend's arms he thought about everything that had happened. Everything had felt so hectic that he hardly had a chance to just stop and breathe.The appending war between him and his father was growing closer with each new passing day. He could feel it in his blood, with the knowledge of the angel hunting him, Angel was sure his father was aware now. He knew his father down to a T when it came to his work. After all, he and Aaron had been groomed to one day take that spot. Aaron was just loyal compared to Angel who obviously wasn't.

Unlike himself, Angel knew his father would avoid any confrontation if possible. He knew it was dangerous and was too much of a pansy-ass woose to take out someone he knew had it out for him. Instead, he'd always send his goons or if it really called for it.. Aaron.

While not to him..Aaron was dangerous, and sneaky. There where mutible times when they where younger than Aaron would cause Angel pain by either sneaking a nail into his shoe, rigging some spiders to fall on him when he laid down on his bed...or some other malice action that would cause him pain or discomfort.