Chapter 25: Good and Bad

Alastor hummed to the sound of soft jazz as it filled the kitchen. He chopped the meat up with a sharp knife that could cut skin like paper. His brown eyes watched the action through strains of his bangs. The aroma of the cooking gumbo filled the room leaving him feeling at ease...at peace.

He finished cutting the meat and was ready to cook it. His head perked up as he heard the sound of a door opening, the man looked over his shoulder at the other as they entered the house. They gave him a tired smile as they removed their hat placing it on the coat rack next to their jacket.

Alastor's smile grew as they entered the kitchen eyes sparkling as they took a breath."Wow! It smells fuckin' amazing sweetheart." Alastor chuckled at that as he grabbed he knelt down to retrieve a pan from the pantry.

"Thank you my dear, how was your day today?" Alastor grabbed one of the pans, he stood up setting it on the stand with a low fire going to warm it. They laughed leaning against the kitchen table a playful look on their features as they watched the taller man.

"It was just lovely darlin' but the audience was rather dull I must say." The other said chuckling a little, Alastor moved the meat into the pan as it sizzled. He was washing his hands off at the sink his hips slightly swaying to the upbeat jazz music that now played from the gramophone.

"Your voice is lovely to hear my dear. Why, I'd say it's the voice of an angel my. Sometimes these New Orlean folk don't appreciate a good singer." Alastor dried his hands off before turning to his partner. They narrowed their eyes on the brunette as he put the hand towel down on the counter.

"I'm always so curious how you get such great tasting meat. There's snow out right now, I wouldn't imagine deer would be easy to find." Alastor grin stiffened slightly as he turned away from them beginning to clean up the blood left on the cutting board.

"Ah well, I am a formidable opponent my dear.." His partner hadn't really understood what that meant..but Alastor had. He wasn't sure if he would ever find the right time..to tell him.

"You know...there's been a lotta' deaths lately. Arencha' scared of this cereal killer goin' around?" Alastor finished cleaning off the cutting board and putting it into the sink as well. He began to wash his hands again..

"Not at all my love. I promise you that no harm shall come to you with this awful being." His partner frowned..their brows furrowed as they narrowed their eyes.

"Oh..I-I see." They tucked a strand of hair behind their ear as their gaze dropped. Alastor turned his attention to the man now having cleaned his hands once more.

"Is something wrong 'mon cher?" The man looked up at the question his green eyes alarmed slightly. He quickly shook his head ruffling some of his red hair,

"No sweetheart. Nothin's wrong, I'm just tired from a long day is all." Alastor eyed the man in his red suit.

"Perhaps you should get changed into something more comfortable." Alastor said patting the man's chest lightly. The green eyes stayed on Alastor as the man let out murmur as his response. He jumped a bit when Alastor kissed his cheek quickly before moving away.

"Are you sure you are alright?" The redhead cleared their throat if their bangs hadn't been gelled up then he wouldn't have seen the look in their eyes. It was brief...quick..any normal human wouldn't have seen it, by Alastor was far from normal.