Chapter 42:Reunited

The shadows took him, and when he opened his eyes Alastor found himself in one of the many alleyways of New Orleans. It was a crisp warm night and the wind blew softly against his face where that large grin remained. It reminded him of that night...only, there were no screams.

He glanced down at his hands, at those long red claws that were black at the tips. Trying to find Angel would be far easier if he remained out of sight. The last thing he needed was someone discovering him. With the wave of his hand his body slipped into the shadows becoming one with them. His other shadows searched the area to seek out the blonde in question.

He hadn't expected to stumble upon Angel himself...his shadow hiding behind his own grave, and it was just that, a grave. He was sure there was nobody in it...when he'd heard Angel's voice and...his sister? Well, he was taken aback to say the least..he hadn't expected to hear her voice much less the conversation going down between them.

He tensed slightly when he heard his sister mention his past partner and only prayed she would stop. When she hadn't....well Alastor was ready to cause any sort of distraction to sway the conversation..he was nearly there too but halted in those actions when he heard the scream of his sister. He peaked his shadow around the corner of the grave, the shadow itself still stretched across the ground. He was ready to kill whatever it was that dared harm her or Angel on site...but it was only Angel waving his hand around as if to stop her, and she'd just fallen back.

He watched Angel stand now, curious as to why he would do that..Angel's hair blew gently in the night's gentle breeze, his one eye focusing on Alastor's sister. His pale skin seemed to shimmer in the moonlight and he.....well, he looked like an angel. To say that Alastor wasn't admiring the blonde in the moonlight well, it would be a lie. But he would never admit it...

"Uh-sorry for the scare, but...I don' think I should be hearin' this stuff. It sounds...personal."

He heard him say, Alastor was...slightly taken aback. He'd expected Angel to pry...to want that information but......

Right,

Angel wasn't him..

The redhead was in awe, unable to help but smile when he heard the blonde's words....not wanting to hear about his past...not from her. His shadow snaked its way back behind the stone when Angel looked its way...and when Alastor heard the footsteps of the other approaching he felt his breath hitch in his throat...

He listened, closely.

He heard the shuffling of grass presuming Angel was kneeling in front of the grave. Then he muttered something, something he could almost barely hear with how quiet the other had said it.

"Rest in peace...Allen."

The grass shuffled once more and he could hear Angel's footsteps walking away. Alastor couldn't help the more natural smile spreading across his shadow-like face.

The shadow pulled out the ground slightly, only it's upper half appearing while the rest remained against the ground...he watched Angel go..not approaching, just yet. He didn't want to approach when him when his sister was near, it was best not to. He hadn't wanted her to see him like this, in this form...or give her false hope that he was indeed still alive. She seemed happy..finally, and he hadn't wanted to ruin that.

When their footsteps faded completely Alastor pulled his shadow completely off the ground, just a silhouette of himself now just like his shadow but his eyes were red in the silhouette and not blue. He eyed the small flower band on top of the grave, a low chuckle slipped out as he brushed a hand across the top of the grave.