Chapter 40: He's back

Alastor paced around his basement, eyes wide in alarm as a claw ran through his hair. Radio static surrounded his being as those large red eyes glowed brightly with a sinister aura around them.

His claws swiftly glided across one of the tables he had down here that held those sharp weapons for dissecting demons. With one swift movement, they were on the floor and merely scrap metal now.

His grin was large and troubled as one of his claws knotted in his bangs, the grip so tight it dared to rip the red hair out.

How could this be? They were DEAD. He shouldn't be able to feel their presence at all! They were supposed to be dead, not alive. If that was the case....then why was he sensing their presence?

Had he finally fully lost his mind? Was that it? It had to be.... They couldn't be alive, he saw them die... They had no offspring or siblings so it wasn't that..

Alastor shook his head, taking his claws away from his hair before he did actually rip it out.

Why was he so freaked out? Maybe someone had brought them back... If that was the case, who said it had anything to deal with him?

He leaned on one of the tables, sharp claws digging into its surface practically cutting through it. Why? Angel was in danger that's why and he knew that.. but how could he? The emblem was gone, so nothing was connecting them. It may have just been a hunch but, something was telling him.. screaming at him that Angel was in danger.

So why didn't he just go? What was holding him back? Preventing him from going back... His teeth gritted tighter together, He was NOT afraid.. especially of such a.... a human. They.. weren't human anymore.

Alastor straightened himself, he could not allow them to waver his actions. He did not exist to please them.

He turned on his heel ready to head for the stairs but stopped, he felt... something else and so suddenly.

It was faint at first but within seconds it grew stronger.

Something, something was.. pulling at his soul.. calling him. How could that be possible? The barrier he'd formed of his own magic and body was preventing anyone from summoning him. He wouldn't even feel their chants much less be pulled by it. He was resisting it, trying to bull back from it but his world was beginning to shift from his basement to somewhere dark and colder.

He shook his head, trying to figure out what this sudden presence was, he couldn't resist anymore the action being impossible, to begin with.

His vision wavered, shifting between realms.. The old concrete walls and the smell of blood faded and were replaced by trees, the smell of pine. The hard floor under him was softer and was easy to dig his shoes in.

The erie silence was filled with distant sounds of an owl or two and running water in the distance somewhere..

But overall, the hot smoky air was completely clear it was... fresh, and the weight pulling at Alastor's soul vanished completely.

He was looking down at his shoes when he'd been pulled, dark grass lay under his shoes now.. He moved them around a bit just to watch the grass being pressed down asking himself if he was actually here once again.

The sound of a paper being moved is what caused him to look up.

When he saw just what human had summoned him, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. The women with pink hair... Cherri, Angel's close friend.