Chapter 37: Pushing forward

The soft sound of a piano filled the room....it echoed throughout the living room and the source of it, was none other than a redheaded demon who's claw glided across the keys easily. The demon's eyes closed as he allowed himself to be engulfed into the music...

"When you were here before.....couldn't look you in the eye. You're just like an angel...Your skin makes me cry...." His claws glided across the keys.. his breath shaky.."You float like a feather, In a beautiful world.. Oh I wish I was special. You're so very special..."

"But I'm a creep....I'm a weirdo.....aren't I.... What the hell am I doing here? Oh, I don't belong...here.." He shook his head... "He's running out again Oh, he's running out

His eyes closed...the music engulfing him, his throat tightening at the memory's.

"I don't care if it hurts..I wanna have control.." He paused eyes opening just a moment as the claws gracefully moved across the piano. "I want you to notice..when I'm not around. You're so very special....."

"I wish I was special..."

A sigh escaped him as the pace of his fingers on the keys slowed...

"...He's running......." The redhead sighed once more...tone dropping.

"....out....of time.."

The redhead moved his claws off the piano, remaining there. It wasn't unlikely that the demon would portray how he was feeling through music, and this time had been no different. While that song held Angel in mind....it also held someone else in mind, someone Alastor wished he could just forget about...

It had been 1 month since he'd separate from Angel....but it felt far longer than that. For Alastor, it had felt like a century had passed...not being by Angel's side for that long, it was far worse than any torture hell could conjure up.

He'd managed to control his bloodlust if just for hell's sake so Lucifer didn't step in. After that day, he'd returned every so often to speak with Husk..they shared drinks and their conversation mostly consisted of the man complaining about Alastor gushing over a human and how 'I don't get paid enough for this' or 'I'm not drunk enough for this.'

He'd always visited the man in the afternoon's because the bar was rather empty around those times. Paired with his presence, the place was pretty much a ghost town leaving the two to just speak and banter on about it all. Alastor wasn't one to talk to anyone about his business, but Husk seemed to know better about spreading that information and knew if he had, he'd been killed for it. He wasn't wrong in that assumption.

He was curious as to why the fuck Alastor was curious in a human much less how he managed to fall for one.

Alastor didn't tell Husk about his past love, but he had told him about how Angel was the most interesting human he'd ever met. How he was very brave and didn't dare to back down from him when they'd first met.

Husk swore he caught Alastor genuinely smiling a few times while talking about it all.

Thanks to Husk's service the radio demon had fewer killing sprees (good for hell) his level of violence and killing had returned to normal now.

His sorrow hadn't disappeared fully, he still very much missed Angel..but was drowning that out in music and death, much like he'd done while alive when his mother had passed away.

He supposed having his sister around during that time was helpful too...apart of him had wished she was here with him, but he was also grateful for that. A women such as her, hopefully she was still kicking...and if she wasn't..then he was sure she'd go to haven.