Chapter 12: Smiles and Frowns

.......2 weeks later...

Angel looked over the paper eyeing the writing....his father's writing, and the women it was addressed too. This was only one of the many keys to bringing his father down...he had to get his mother and sister away from that asswhole before he did anything....he cared for them and he knew this father was aware of that, and he also knew his father would not hesitate to in using them against him.

His father had been plaguing his sister and mother's life for far too long...and now with the addition of his new 'bodyguard' his father wouldn't be able to kill him-not until Angel was finished with him would the demon let him die...and Angel now knew that.

Angel had recovered rather quickly....at least his body had. Apart of him had wished he did in fact take Cherri on that mission instead of Alastor...maybe he wouldn't be feeling this way if he had taken Cherri......but then again...would he still be alive?

A knock sounded from his office door which was where Angel currently was. Cherri of course had complained that he needed to rest more but as soon as he was able to walk without feeling like he would pass out-well he went back to work. He'd laid off the field missions per Cherri request for a bit and simply tended to office work; Angel was bored out of his damn mind.

"Come in," Angel called making no effort in taking his eyes off the paper in front of him. As he scanned the words of the letter once again he heard his door open followed by a few footsteps. He didn't bother to greet them nor look up because he already knew who it was. There was only one person who really knocked on his office door and entered so quietly.

"Is there somethin' you need Charlie?" He said finally putting down the paper on his desk next to his fedora. He wasn't wearing his full suit today but just a simple button up pink shirt and black slacks..something a bit easier to breathe in due to his wound that was sore.

His eyes traveled up until he was looking at the meek woman standing in front of his desk. She was a slender pale woman who always seemed to wear masera on her eyes and red blush on her cheeks. Her curled blonde hair that was a bit lighter than Angel's loosely fell on her shoulders as she held what looked to be another stack of folders nestled in her arms. Charlie was Angel's secret so to speak, she kept all the files in order and updated him on what targets he had to take out.

Honestly he was sure the whole place would have gone to shit if not for people like her. She was one of the few people who were very kind..her girlfriend was a little on the hotheaded side. She looked at him with those soft brown eyes her red lips pursed into a nervous yet welcoming smile. Angel tried to not scare her because she always seemed so shy...

"I uh, have those documents you requested," her soft yet warm voice was always pleasant to hear. Angel nodded as she placed the documents down on his desk, he'd expected her to turn and leave right then and there, like she always had..

"How are you feeling? A few people were worried about your health." Angel doubted that, he knew multiple people here who didn't really like him that much. When Charlie said 'a few people' he assumed she just meant herself and Cherri were worried..and probably her girlfriend if he was lucky.