Chapter 35: The Ally

Chapter Summary                  

                                          Charlie finally meets the Ally but they

                                         aren't who she expected.                              

When Vox told Charlie they where going to meet this friend of his, well the girl felt scared to say the least. She was sitting in the back seat of Vox's car with Valentino in the front and Vox being the one driving....She glanced out the window, the neighborhood they entered wasn't too comforting looking. A lot of the buildings where run down and deserted and there where a lot of people living on the streets or sneaking into alleyways. 

It was quiet in the car...no music played and the only thing Charlie could hear was Valentino's constant questions on whether or not she could be trusted followed by Vox saying for the fifth time at least 'Yes, if she steps out of line I'll handle her.' 

She had her mask on again but this one was a simple masquerade mask no designs or anything just something to cover up her face. She had the black wig on again, this would be enough for right now, or that's what Vox had said at least. 

"So....this Ally of yours...what's their job exactly?" Charlie asked a little hesitant. She jumped when Valentino spun around, those dark purple eyes glaring at her. He practically growled at her, it was no surprise to Valentino that she shrunk back against the leather of the seat. She had been working for Angel so he expected her to be as weak and pathetic as that slut.

"Now now Val, don't harm our guests. You wouldn't want me to break your other wrist, would you." Even Vox's threats sounded polite, any normal person would just think he was joking but after seeing him actually do it...Charlie knew he wasn't. 

Valentino grumbled but slumped back in his chair much like a child who didn't get their way. Vox ignored it having been used to this behavior by now after working with Valentino for all of these years. Without looking behind him he replied to Charlie's question, the girl letting out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding in.

"He's a business man of sorts. A mob boss if you will." Charlie's heart sunk.... she didn't want to get involved with another mob boss. Angel had several run in's with other mob bosses in the past and what she heard..it didn't go down well. As much as she just wanted to run away right now...to run and just receive her punishment from Angel, she practically had an invisible chain around her arms and legs...keeping her from doing so.

Otherwise known as guilt...and fear.

With Alastor gone, she had no reason to continue her partnership with Vox...but she had no way out. She knew no matter how far she ran, they'd find her..and she didn't want to endanger the agency that she was helping to take down slowly...She wouldn't help them harm Angel if it came to that...she didn't have many humans she'd like knowing getting attached to them was a bad idea...