°6

Seri scrolled through her phone aimlessly as she sat on the sofa, glancing at her 3 year old sister Sihyeon

"Mummy!" Sihyeon cried out and Seri tore her eyes away from her phone to see what her sister was crying about.

"What's wrong Yeonie?" Seri got up, crouching next to the crying infant.
"No, Mummy!" She wailed and Seri looked up towards the kitchen.

"Mum, Sihyeon is crying!"
"Why?" Her Mother shouted back from the kitchen and hurried over- picking up the child.

Just on time, the doorbell rang and Seri stood up, stretching her muscles and walking over to the door to open it.

Jisung stood there, looking down at his feet awkwardly. They both decided to meet at her house to sort everything out and there he was.

"Hey, come in." She greeted, stepping aside and Jisung stepped into the house, taking his shoes off.

Seri led him over to the living room and his eyes fell over the interior of the house.
"You must be Jisung! I'm Sohye, Seri's Mum."

Jisung bowed respectfully and greeted Sohye as she bounced Sihyeon on her hip.
"I'll go grab you guys some snacks and let you get to it."

Seri grabbed the sheet of paper their project was written on and sat on the comfy sofa.

Her gaze glanced up at Jisung who stood there and she suppressed a smile.
"Come and sit here then."

"Oh- right." He began, sitting besides her stiffly- running his eyes around the big house.
"Okay, pass me the doll- I mean Seji."

Jisung held it out for the girl to hold and she furrowed her brows at the instructions to turn the doll on.
"Okay, just need to press this- and it's on."

They both waited for a few seconds expectantly before the sounds of realistical baby cries filled the air.

Jisung's face fell blank, realisation setting in and suddenly he panicked as Seri thrusted the baby in his arms.

"Let me grab the stuff." She said, getting up and leaving Jisung with the wailing doll.
He was stiff, eyes wide as he looked down at the plastic screaming device with his face falling a sheet of white.

"U-uh, I..." He trailed off, unsure of how to even hold the baby properly and it seemed like years until Seri returned.

A small laugh escaped her lips at the sight and she sat besides him and thankfully took Seji from his arms and began to put the clothes on.

"She looks so realistic." Seri stated, shivering at the unusual sight.
Once she had done, the turned back to Jisung, holding the baby out.

His eyes widened and he shook his head.
"O-oh, no it's okay."
She rolled her eyes, leaning over to place the baby in his arms.

"Okay, let me show you." She began, adjusting his arms to hold it properly.
"You need to support the head okay? They can't hold their heads up at this age but I don't know if it goes for this doll- but anyway."

Jisung watched as she helped him to hold the doll properly as Sohye walked in with a grin on her lips.

"You remind me of my Husband when Seri was born." She said, placing the snacks down and Jisung's cheeks heated up.

"It's okay, you'll get the hang of it." Seri said positively, nodding her head and leaning away to see how he was holding it now.

"Baby!" Sihyeon screeched excitedly, running over to Jisung with her arms out and Seri scooped her up before she could attack it as one of her toys.

"Ah, ah. This is a special baby okay? Jisung Oppa will be really upset if you break his baby, won't you?"
"Y-yeah."

Sihyeon frowned, looking up at Jisung with her glass big eyes.
"Can I give a kiss?" She pointed to the doll and he gulped, nodding.

Sihyeon smiled and leant down to place a small kiss on the baby's head, patting it's chest comfortingly.

"I like the baby Jisug Oppa!"
Seri burst out into a fit of laughter, covering her mouth to muffle her amusement.

"No Sihyeon-ah, it's Jisung okay? Come on, I need to give you your food." Sohye explained, taking the girl towards the kitchen.

Seri had calmed down, wiping her eyes before shaking her head.
"Okay, you can just put her on the sofa so you can help me put these death traps together," She motioned to the baby stuff on the floor.

"Jisug."