°48

"Um," she began, completely taken off guard by his reply but as he started to stumble his way over to her, Seri's eyes widened

Frightened, she began to walk backwards as his bloodied self came closer.

Her back hit the counter, eyes frantically looking around for an escape from him and her anxiety began to prick once more.

She cowered back as he gained closure until he grabbed her shoulder, emitting a whimper from her- screwing her eyes shut.

His other hand grabbed her wrist, harshly placing an object in it and hesitantly, the girl opened her eyes to look down.

In her hands was a white envelope and with furrowed brows, she glanced up at his pained face.

"Give it to Jisung," he gritted out, blinking fast to hide the fact black spots invaded his vision. "It's money for treatment." He almost panted out, his hand gripping the counter as she stood, surprised.

The boy had swiftly yet painfully began to walk towards the direction of the back door before she perked up.

"Wait!" She called out.
He stopped, clutching his arm as he waited for her to speak.

"You're hurt, I'll grab the first aid-"
"I'm fine, make sure he gets the money." He coughed out before his eyes glanced in the direction of the stairs.

It looked as though he was internally debating with himself, biting his lip as he groaned- hand moving to his pocket to grab another envelope.

"It's for him." He threw it on the counter, sliding over to her as she was stunned.
"But you're...hurt." she pointed to him and he shrugged.

"It's nothing."
"Nothing?" She exclaimed incredulously, bewildered by his reply.

The boy smiled, cracking the bad boy persona he has on, smiling despite the pain he was in.

"You know Seri," he began, hand on the doorknob as he spoke. "No matter how much pain you are in, it's nothing compared to what your loved ones feel."

"Did you..." She trailed off, looking down at the money then back at him. "Why would you get hurt for-"

"If I don't provide the money, who will?" He said harsher than he should have, making her flinch.

"I'd rather be the hated, dickhead son and brother than watch my Mother die without money for treatment."

Something about his pained words made her eyes prick with tears and a look of sympathy invaded her face.

"Why don't you go see her?" She asked and he shook his head.
"Like this? Anyway she doesn't want to see me." He scoffed.

Seri was unsure of what to say; he opened the door and was about to slip out before he spoke.

"Oh right...you'll take care of him won't you?"

Seri glanced at the door, finding his worrisome gaze to which she eased with a nod of her head.
"Always."

The boy broke out into a smile, nodding to himself as he closed the door behind him.

So what's the thoughts on his brother 👀

Who do you think his sister is/ where is she hm