°73

My first and last love

The sound of the TV was drowned out by the videos playing on Jisung's phone as he sat with his Mum in the living room

Ever so often, he would glance up at her in worry just to check up on her to which she rolled her eyes and told him to go back to watching his video.

Interrupting the peaceful atmosphere, there was a heavy handed knock on the door that made Jisung jolt in surprise.

He furrowed his brows, knowing Seri was in the middle of her exam now and his friends weren't coming.

"Can you get the door Ji?" His mother spoke, massaging her arms that ached.
"Yeah, one sec." He said, putting his phone down as smoothing his shirt down of wrinkles as he walked towards the door.

Confused of who it might be, Jisung hesitantly unlocked the door before turning the doorknob.

With no expectations of anyone or any indication- the eighteen year old boy opened the door and who he saw shocked him greatly.

A shocking gasp left his lips, eyes wide at the sight before him- speechless as he gripped the door handle.

"Hey Jisungie." The voice spoke, she sounded different from what he remembered years ago, standing by the door nervously.

"Ara Noona..." He trailed off in a low quiet voice, not believing his eyes when they glanced at Jaehyun who was sporting a smart put together outfit and no injuries.

"Did you say Ara?" His mother called out in a shock.
"And Hyung..." Jisung trailed off in a shock before his Mother let out a cry of relief.

"My children, oh my God- you're here!"

Before Jisung could speak, his elder sister threw her arms around his neck and profusely apologised as she cried and Jaehyun smiled at the boy.

They were all proud of him.

°

The ground was covered in the blanket of white snow that fell gently and effortlessly down- the air cold yet elegantly blowing past the snowy trees.

Seri had her hair curled and cascading down her back, Jisung's jacket over her body as they both decided to walk to school.

It was the last day before the Christmas break, they both walked to the school with a heavy heart, hand in hand as the snow fell gracefully.

She glanced up at Jisung who had Seji in her baby carrier- smiling at the doll and all the memories that came with her.

Seri sighed contently, swinging their hands lightly between them as she felt the cold snow flakes drift into her.

His hand warm in hers despite the coldness biting at them.

Approaching the school, she began to feel a small glimmer of sadness at the thought of it however, she knew it only led to a new beginning.

The couple entered the same room they were first strangers in, feeling oddly nostalgic as they took their seats.

"Hey Min."
"What's up Huang?"

Renjun nodded his head at the girl, joining his own partner as students filed in.

Seri glanced around the room at all of the pairs, remembering how embarrassed and nervous everyone was to start the project and now they were clutching the doll's in their arms tightly.

"I can't believe it." She murmured to her boyfriend, her hand on his thigh with he hand interlocked with his own hand.

"I know, it feels like yesterday." He spoke, becoming oddly nostalgic as he remembered walking up to her desk after the partners being announced.

The chattering all of the sudden ceased as the teacher walked in with a stack of papers in her hand, sad smiles on her lips.

"Hey class- its nice to see most of you with a functioning doll." The class laughed, glancing at those who noticeable failed the project.

"Anyway, it's been a wild four months hasn't it? I know you've been through thick and thin with your partners and have definitely become closer- in many ways in that matter." She cleared her throat, glancing at Seri and Jisung to Jaemin and Haeji.

Jisung flushed at the attention directed to him, dipping his head down and Seri laughed at him- bumping their shoulders together.

"We've been through parenting 101, we've seen videos all about birth- never a dull moment with your fainting Jisung." The teacher spoke with left everyone smiling and laughing at the memories.

"We've had tantrums, fall outs and broken babies but here we are, four months down the line- at the end."

Seri pouted, a frown on her lips as she watched the papers being passed around and the clocks drawing near to the end of the day.

"Here is the progress of your project, pictures included. I've have had an absolute wonderful time teaching you all and watching you become reckless teenagers to young adults I know will become wonderful parents one day."

Seri leaned her head on Jisung's shoulder as he brushed the back of her hand with his thumb.

"I think I'm rambling but anyway guys, I hope you've enjoyed your time here and with that said- thank you for sticking through this journey.

And finally, The Baby Project has ended."

"Scandalous"