°68

When I'm with you I'm in utopia

Two weeks later

"Sung, you said you wouldn't spoil the show!" Seri whined, throwing her head back as Jisung laughed melodiously in a deep tone.

"Sorry Angel." He apologized with a sly grin and she mocked him.
"Liar, you aren't even sorry!" She rolled her eyes, pushing him away and he pouted.

"I'm hurt." He feigned hurt, clasping a hand over his chest as his girlfriend began walking off.

"Hey! Where are you going?"
"Away from you." She retorted, pushing the stroller that held their fake baby.

"I can't believe we're taking a doll on our first date!" He whined, dragging his feet over to her.
"Yeah well, it sucks but no one can look after her."

"I feel bad for actual parents- imagine how hard it is to go out having a kid."
"That's true, it still scares me how realistic she looks."

Jisung fell in step with the girl, gazing down at her and then to the baby doll.
"I feel like it will be weird after the project without her."
"One month ish left." She said, eyes widening at the realisation.

"It feels like it's been so long." He pointed out, carrying the picnic basket with him as they strolled through the park.

Although it was autumn turning winter, the weather was quite sunny with cold breezes.

"My Mum's treatment is going well." He said with a smile and Seri gasped, turning to him.
"Really? Oh my God, that's really good!"

Jisung gave a lazy nod, sighing as he looked up at the blue cloudy sky as the breeze blew down on him.

"I hope she continues to get better."
"She will Sung." Seri spoke softly, her hand trailing down his forearm till she twined their fingers.

Though the size difference of their hands, it felt as though they were two puzzle pieces fitting together.

"I just don't want to get my hopes up."
"You're allowed to be excited and hopeful Beanstalk, you deserve to feel good about how well things are going."

"I'm just glad I have you." He said out of the blue, a heavy sigh leaving his lips. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably fail the project." A cheeky grin fell on her lips and Jisung scoffed a laugh.

Seri shook her head, becoming serious.
"I'm glad I have you too Sung, like...I've never felt so comfortable and happy with someone you know? Even though we've been together not long... I just know- I don't know it sounds cringe."

"That we'll be together forever?"
"Yeah, until you grow grey hair and I go for someone younger- sorry not sorry." She said, giggling to herself at the thought of Jisung old and grey.

They had made it to a clearing, Seri rocking a crying doll as Jisung set up a picnic.
"I swear after the project, I'll take you on a real date."

"I'm fine with anything Jisung, it's still special to me either way."

After laying down the blanket, Seri gently put the now sleeping doll in the stroller and excitedly walked over to Jisung.

She gasped at the sight of the picnic all set out, the sun shining down on them and everything felt ethereal.

They both sat down opposite each other as they began to fall into a conversation about anything and everything- enjoying each other's presence.

Shared laughs and smiles, the sound of distant background noise drowning out as it felt like it was just them two.

They were both two teenagers utterly in love.

How cute