°25

Don't know why I looked the other way

"I don't want to go." Seri huffed as she slid into Haeji's car and the girl rolled her eyes.
"Listen, Jisung has been coming over to us everyday to see if you're okay-"

"He probably just wants to give Seji back."
Haeji sighed, begining to drive off and pulling her sunglasses off her head to slide onto her face.

"He looked like he was going to cry, no lie."
Seri rested her elbow on the window ledge and placed her head onto her open palm.

"I'm just angry at him but I know where he's coming from."
"I don't understand why he's angry though, you went to his house?"

Seri bit her lip, not wanting to tell her friends the details of Jisung's life and left it vague.

"We were arguing about shit and yeah, I don't know...what if he wants to argue again?"
"Slap him."

Seri felt her phone vibrate in her lap and she took a quick glance at it, shocked to see who texted her.

Jeno

Hey Seri, it's Jeno :)

Oh hey Jeno is everything okay?

Yeah all good but Jisung said you weren't answering his texts so I just wondered if you were okay

Did he tell you to text me?

No but he's pretty upset so I thought I'd see if I could do anything to help :)

Honestly Jeno it's okay!
I'm all good don't worry haha

Are you sureee

Yepp

Hm well okay, but if you need anyone to talk to, even if it's about Jisung
You know where I am

°
Seri took a deep breath, pushing the thought of confronting Jisung about what happened away.

She tugged her sweatpants up, shoving in her turtleneck top and tying the drawstrings tighter as Haeji locked her car.

"What lesson do you have first?" The older girl asked.
"Hm, Maths."
"Oh damn, well maybe you'll understand algebra this time?" Haeji tried and Seri glared at her as they parted ways.

The girl ran a hand through her hair, quickly tying it in a messy low bun at the nape of her neck and pulling out strands to frame her face, when she rounded the corner and instantly smashed into a body.

She gasped, her body lurching forward, crashing into theirs as a back hit the locker and Seri held her breath, slowly opening her eyes.

The concerned gaze of Jeno stared into her as his back was against his locker and arms around her.

"You okay?" He asked and Seri was caught in a daze with her ears burning up. "Seri?"
"Wha- oh, yeah I'm good." She said quickly, looking away as she inched away from the boy with her heart on fire and Jeno offered her his famous eyesmile.

"I didn't think you'd come today, health class wasn't the same without your cute remarks."
"Cute?" She inquired, her pulse quickening and Jeno nodded, ruffling her hair.

"You're cute."