°27

Wow omg thank you for 100k on this book where I still don't know what I'm doing but we move

Seri groaned as the last bell went, signaling the end of the school day- not for her though

Seri groaned as the last bell went, signaling the end of the school day- not for her though. The girl betrudgingly dragged her feet in the direction of the library with the weight of her bag burdening her shoulder.

"Stupid algebra," she muttered, watching as the excited students filtered past her as they were allowed to leave.

Just as she began wallowing in her pity of how stupid she is, her eyes landed on the library door and she bit down the urge to run the other way and ditch the upcoming torture.

Untangling her hair with her fingers, she pushed through the doors whilst taming her hair into a messy bun at the nape of her neck and naturally, the pieces of hair framed her face.

The room had a completely different vibe in contrast of the school and instead, it was quite cooling, serene with shades of the light oak wood bookshelves and subtle greyish blue walls with white details.

She bowed to the librarian who eyed the girl that had never even stepped foot into the library prior to this.

Seri's eyes flickered over the place, attempting to find someone who was in her grade- apparently her tutor.

There were students in their final year frantically studying for upcoming exams whilst some first years were in tears over forgotten homework they were compelled to do in a detention.

Seri sighed, shoving a hand into her Jean pocket as she walked languidly through the large library, until she came to the space where several tables were situated for studying.

Humming along nonchalantly, her eyes ran over the intricate paintings on the wall from the art students in the school and she admired them.

Indifferently, Seri turned her head to the last tables and her dark brown eyes locked onto his like the force of a magnet and she froze, surprised.

A million thoughts, feelings ran through her body and Seri watched as he grimaced an awkward smile before standing up.

"Hey, Miss Ryu asked me to tutor you-" Jisung was cut off by Seri immediately spinning around on her heel and his heart dropped, gut wrenching.

"Wait, Seri!" He exclaimed out as quietly as possible, almost tripping over chairs to follow her.

Seri felt the instant bubbling of the anxiety that clambered up her nerves and made its way to her clenching, beating heart- making it palpitate ridiculously at the thought of him lashing out.

She mentally cursed the fact the library was a large maze and she felt the heat of anxiety wash over her.

"Seri," he began urgently, alarmed and distraught as he strode after her. "Please, can we talk?" He almost pleaded, his footsteps getting louder and she panicked- disappearing into the isle of the books looming over her.

Dead end.

Seri's eyes widened and she spun around, only to see Jisung rounding into the isle she was in with his guilty eyes staring into hers.

Suddenly, she felt trapped- enclosed in the small space and the feeling clawed at her throat and blinking away the blurry vision, she gulped.

"Please, let me just talk, you don't even have to say anything-"
"Go away Jisung." She spoke out as confident as she could. "I don't want to speak to you right now."

Seri inhaled a shaky breath to soothe her nerves as she attempted to walk past but his hand clasped over her wrist- shocking her.

The girl's head tilted up, his intense guilty gaze on hers and the proximity was quite close due to the narrow shelves.

The sunroof above illuminated down on the two, creating a halo of light on the crown of her brown hair.

Warmth of his hand around her wrist spread over her body and for a second she felt herself beginning to calm down, realising she wasn't in danger.

"About the other day-"
"If you wanted to tell me how much of a 'perfect' life I have and that I don't know anything- then don't." She began, fire in her eyes.
"You're right, I might not know anything but you hurt me- it hurts to know you out of all people thought I'd make fun of the situation." Her breaths shallower and hurt making her eyebrows draw down.

"Do you really see me like that, like everyone else does? I thought you were different Jisung." Seri ended her rant, his sulken shoulders and lips that slightly pursed out in a frown made her pull her eyes away and brush her shoulder against his arm as she began to walk away angrily.

Her body was jolted to a stop when he continued to clasp his grip around her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

"I'm sorry, I really am sorry." He turned around with his hair over his eyes yet it didn't cover the sadness.

"No one except the boys know about my Mum and the thought of everyone knowing..." He trailed off, not wanting to get choked up. "I lost my temper and I shouldn't have- you didn't deserve what I said to you and I really regret it." He apologized profusely.

Seri turned around to face him fully, her eyes softening as she watched his eyes gleam with tears- stepping closer to him.

"I just didn't want to lose a friend...I didn't want you to see me differently and-"

"Hey guys!"

The two of them both jolted in shock, glancing at Jeno who greeted them with a smile.
"How's your tutoring Seri?"

Jisung's shoulders slumped as he watched Jeno smile at the girl and soon he let go of her wrist and with his head down, he walked past the two of them with a heavy heart.