°54

Sometimes when I'm gasping for air
I wear my hat low and keep running
Yeah, I don’t gotta know where I go
Even if it’s opposite of sun

Sometimes when I'm gasping for airI wear my hat low and keep runningYeah, I don’t gotta know where I goEven if it’s opposite of sun

The destructive pit in her stomach grew, eyes wide and mouth falling agape as she stared at the video.

"No..." She trailed off, watching his reaction closely as he stood saying nothing before the sounds of sirens filled the air and the video cut off.

Clawing up her throat, unable to breathe properly with embarrassed tears lining her water line and the feeling was indescribable.

The thought of even more whispers about her breaking out sent her into a whirlwind of toxicity, mind raging with thoughts she couldn't seem to stop and it felt like the more times she heard the words of her confessing, sent her deeper into the pit of anxiety.

She felt embarrassed, upset and angry.

The room around her felt as though it was closing in on her each time she practically gasped for air, hands shaking with the phone gripped tightly.

She was embarrassed and upset because it was true, it wasn't something she could brush off and Seri felt like a laughing stock.

Negativity feeding her brain as she thought of her friends, none of them told her or even had the decency to stop her but it wasn't their fault- it was hers ultimately.

Another thing to be scrutinized over

Another thing to be hated for

Another thing for people to call her a whore, slut and a desperate attention seeker.

A whimper left her lips, a vulnerable state she fell into and the wall around her seemed much closer than before, fiery hot flushes falling over her.

Diabolical, fiendish and intoxicating thoughts sent her over the edge as the first fall of tears began.

She harshly wiped them away, angry at herself for being so weak minded, her heart clenching painfully.

Torturous and vicious; the thoughts spun around in circles until she felt her gut churning and eyes burning.

The prison of hell scorching scenarios played out inside her caged mind until she felt as though her heart was going into overdrive.

"Stupid anxiety." She choked out bitterly, hating it with every burning inch of her. "Stupid anxiety, ruining my life." Sniffling angrily and wiping her tears as they fell, trying to calm her breathing down.

Insecurities and doubts filled her mind, deluding herself there was no way she could face him again.

Pathetic, you're so pathetic.

A knock at the door made her head shoot up and it was followed by the door creaking which left her panicking further- swallowing down her uneven breaths but in return it felt as though she was drowning.

All sound silenced into a single ringing sound as he stepped into the room with hesitance.

The sight of his face took her back to the video and all she could think about was how pathetic she looked.

Seri felt the weight in her chest bloom and grow until it grasped devilishly at her throat until it plagued her.

"Hey," he began, taking a step into the room as he tried to sort out what exactly he going to say but it all felt too overwhelming for her as she sprung up from the bed with her red teary eyes and shaking hands.

Jisung halted his thoughts, eyes raking over her face as the feeling blooms in his chest- worry overtaking everything else.

"Angel," he began softly, taking another step. "What happened?" He asked and as he did, his footsteps became more closer.

Seri panicked, breath hitching as her sense of flight kicked in, rushing past him as their arm brushed against each other.

He had no time to speak as she took off down the stairs.
The sound of him calling after her and her heavy breaths which turned into cries alerted them all.

"Seri?" Eunjin asked, walking over to the girl but she couldn't hear them, she couldn't function properly as she slid her feet into her shoes and fumbled with the door.

"Seri, where are you going?" Jisung asked, finally reaching the bottom step and reaching his hand out to grab her arm but he was one split second too late as she stepped through the door.

Aww I love Seri man