°21

Your silent sadness, it shakes me

She hovered her fist near the door, halting as the feeling of guilt spread up inside her and wrenched at her gut

Jisung had came to her house unannounced a few times yet this time for her, she felt a wave of guilt.

Interwoven with the feeling of worry as he wasn't one to flat out not reply, even not reading her texts but she was sure he would be busy dancing or indulging in his hobbies- probably out with a few friends or maybe he had friends round?

She sighed, clenching her fists and retracting it as she stared at the door then glancing down at the doll in her arm.

Beanstalk 🌱

You have left (8) missed calls

Are you in?

Why aren't you replyingggg Jisung are you sick or did something happen?

I can go back home but you're kinda worrying me now

Seri stared down at her phone, anticipating the word 'seen' to appear to show if he was even reading them yet it didn't and the worry knawed at her.

Flickering her gaze back to the door she switched her phone off and sighed- willing herself to knock on the wooden door.

There was nothing, no movement or signs of anyone being home despite the living room light on and she waited patiently but still worrisome.

The cold nipped at her skin and she regretted not dressing herself in a thicker jacket.

Indulged in her daydreams, the sound of the lock clicking made the girl jolt and she tore her eyes from the ground as the door opened.

It wasn't the tall, skinny awkward boy she thought it would be, instead it was a much more frail, weak and pale woman.

Eyes sullen with the deep rings of dark bags under her eyes to accentuate the almost lifeless look.
She looked about in her late 40's to early 50's yet the way her head was completely shaven of her hair sent Seri in a slight jolt of shock.

The girl immediately bowed respectfully, feeling her heart sink yet she wouldn't want to jump to conclusions.

"Hi Mrs Park, I'm sorry for disturbing you." Seri began, standing up straighter and the Woman ran her gaze up and down the girl with her tired eyes and shaky hand clutching the door.

"No, not at all..." She spoke, her voice small, weak and hoarse despite the smile on her face and Seri offered one back.

"Is Jisung home?"
Mrs Park shook her head, peering out onto the dark isolated streets.
"He went out to the shops."