°42

"Oh

"Oh..." Jisung trailed off, unsure whether he should ask her or not but the embarrassment of being rejected or laughed at crawled up his throat and he shook it off- turning to grab Seji.

Seri's own shoulder's slumped, the anticipation of courage building up all went to waste, leaving a bitter taste in her mouth.

She felt it on the tip of her tongue, the confession lingering in her mind but she thought back to his embarrassment of them being seen together.

It's probably for the best

"Let me just go grab a snack from the kitchen, I'll meet you outside." She said quickly, lump growing in her throat everything she tried to swallow it down- leaving the boy in her room.

°

"Don't you think it's getting really cold?" Seri asked, shivering slightly as she stood by his car.

Jisung glanced at the girl whilst he was unbuckling the doll's car seat belt.
"You should have worn something else." He spoke, his eyes glancing down at the thin top paired with jeans yet no jacket.

"I was in a rush." She said, hugging herself with eyebrows drawn down at the feeling of the cold air nipping at her.

He stood up from his bent over form, grabbing the doll slowly to put into the carrier.
"Still, you should look after yourself more- you might get sick."

"It's fine." She brushed off and he narrowed his eyes at her.
"No it isn't, you'll catch a cold."

"Okay sorry Mum." She bit back sarcastically and Jisung sighed, shaking his head- knowing he could come off as a nag but he was only used to caring for his Mother.

"Anyway, are you tutoring me today?"
"Oh," he paused. "My aunt is leaving my Mum today so..."
"Oh, no it's okay Beanstalk- don't worry."

"You could come around to my house- I mean if you want! I'm not forcing you!" He panicked and the girl laughed, patting his arm.

"Sure, after school?"
"Yeah, just wait for me here- I have gym class last."

Seri nodded, watching as he locked his car before turning to her. She smiled and turned around to leave, thinking he was following her.

However he wasn't, instead he was sliding his arms out of his jacket- stepping forward to place it over her shoulders.

"What-" she began confused, watching as he blocked her view with his broad chest as he stood in front of her.

Seri looked up, her eyes gazing at his concerned and concentrated face as he began to zip it up.

"It's nearly winter, you should wear warmer clothes." He murmured, zipper reaching her chin and her eyes gleamed as she looked up at him.

His own eyes flickered down to meet hers, heart soaring and cheeks flushing.
Impulsively, unable to take the way she was looking up at him- he pulled the hood over her head to cover her face.

He cleared his throat, picking up the carrier as he began to walk with his chest erratically thumping.

She gasped, pushing the hood off as she ran to catch up with him.
"Hey! Wait for me, and says the one who's in a t-shirt!"

Jisung ignored her as they walked side by side, her scoffing and looking down at the oversized jacket with a hint of a smile on her face.

"Thanks Sung."
"No problem Angel, just promise me you'll take care of yourself." He spoke in a lower tone- noticing the dozens of eyes on them.

Oh my god
Are you seeing this?
She's wearing his jacket!
Are they dating?
Scandalous
Maybe they're friends with benefits
Oh my god imagine if they were
They're low-key cute
I bet they like each other.

Seri and Jisung both heard it, not thinking the other one did as they both looked at each other at the same time.

When their gazes connected, for a split second it was like the time around them halted- both of their hearts beating in sync before they tore away from each others sight- awkward.

"Uh, I've got English now so-"
"Mhm, yeah see you later."