Chapter 3

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

We'd made it to Vegas for the weekend. Everyone was in the kitchen and I was in the bedroom Cecilia and I were sharing. I had to call Tiffany to check up on my mother.

"Hello," Tiffany answered.

"Hey it's Deacon. How is my mom?" I asked.

"She's good. I made her breakfast and she ate some of it. She wasn't all that hungry," Tiffany said.

"She's had a lot of loss of appetite make sure she eats even when she doesn't want to," I said.

"Deacon I know what I'm doing. Remember I'm the medical professional here," Tiffany said.

"I know I just worry. But remember to call me if anything happens," I said.

"I know Deacon. Please stop worrying. Please go have fun. I'll call you if I need you," Tiffany said.

"Ok... Bye," I said as I hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket as Cecilia walked into the bedroom.

She had a drink in her hand and closed the door.

"Why are you hiding out in here? We're all taking shots," Cecilia said.

Cecilia sat her drink on the dresser and walked over to me.

"I was coming. I was just making a quick phone call," I said.

"Babe this is supposed to be like a vacation. No work calls," Cecilia, said as she stood in front of me.

"It wasn't a work call," I said.

"Then who was it?" she asked.

"Doesn't matter. I need a drink," I said.

"What's with the attitude? Did the blowjob on the plane not relax you?" Cecilia asked as she ran her hand down my chest.

"It relaxed me but I still just have a lot on my mind alright," I said.

"What's on your mind? Tell me," Cecilia said.

"Don't worry about it," I said as I kissed her forehead.

I moved to walk around her and she caught my arm.

"Deacon don't do that! If something is bothering you I want you to tell me! Your brother mentioned the real reason your mother moved in with you? Why is your mother really living with you?" I asked.

"I'm going to kill Carson!" I said frustrated.

I didn't want Cecilia worrying about me so I don't tell her everything. Carson had no right going over my head and telling Cecilia anything.

"Carson isn't the problem! You keeping secrets is our problem," Cecilia argued.

"Is this all this weekend is going to be? You picking fights and bitching!" I snapped.

Cecilia let go of my arm and looked hurt.

Fuck!

She's such a good girl and I know I'm being a dick.

"Baby-"

"No forget it! Since all I'm doing is bitching at you I just won't talk to you," Cecilia said as she stormed out of the bedroom.

I had to fix this. It's my girlfriend's fucking birthday.

I quickly went after Cecilia and caught her arm while she was walking in the hallway.