Chapter 25

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V

I took a long look at myself in my full-length mirror.

I felt sexy as hell.

I was feeling myself tonight. My makeup was on ten and my outfit was straight fire.

Yeah I had that single I just dumped a fuck boy glow.

As I grabbed my clutch I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I said.

The door opened slowly and my father stood in the doorway.

"Hey dad," I said.

My father looked at a lost for words.

"I can't believe you're twenty one.... I can't believe my baby girl is so grown up," my father said in awe.

"Thanks daddy," I smiled.

"Mind if we have a quick chat baby girl?" my father asked.

"Well the Uber will be here soon. Josie said she's on her way," I said.

"Ok well that gives me at least five minutes I guess," my father said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you and Deacon ok?" my father asked.

My father still didn't know Deacon and I had broken up or that he cheated. I had to be thankful that my mother didn't say anything regarding our conversation from earlier.

"We're taking a break," I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"We just need space from each other...." I said being vague.

"I didn't say anything at the funeral because it wasn't the time or place. But who was that woman that sat next to Deacon at the church?" my father asked.

"She's his mother's nurse... or was his mother's nurse. It's still crazy to think his mother is gone," I said.

"I know... it's even crazier to know Evan moved on to some younger woman and brought her to the funeral. I remember a time when Jasmine was Evan's world... but then again Evan is a selfish man. I see his bad traits in Deacon. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your break from Deacon has to do with that nurse he was sitting next to," my father said.

"Dad I don't want to talk about this," I said.

"Cecilia did that boy do something to hurt you?" my father asked.

"No daddy... we're just taking some time apart," I lied.

I don't know why I was protecting Deacon. I should have told my father the truth but then again I knew what my father would do if I did that. I mean I didn't want what my father did to Scott to happen to Deacon. My dad doesn't play when it comes to my mother, my brother, little Niko, or me. He protects us with everything in his power.

"So that mean yes, right," my father said.

"Daddy please just leave it alone. I'm handling it," I said.

"If he cheated he gets no second chance Cecilia," my father said sternly.

"I know," I said.

"You are way better than dealing with Evan's son. I want way better for you than Deacon Sharp. I want you to have better than what your mother had when she first got with me. You don't deserve any heartache and I'll see to it that anyone who hurts you lives to regret it," my father said.