Chapter 34

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I opened the front door and Deacon stood there handsome as usual in his suit. I had taken my mother's advice and gone over to Deacon's place last night to talk. He hadn't made it back home yet so I left him a voicemail. He texted me and said he wanted to do lunch. I was working from home today trying to finish up my article on Lance while also babysitting. My parents were going to be out of town for the next few days and my brother and Madison obviously had school since it's their senior year.

"Hey," I said.

Deacon looked me up and down as usual. I was in a red bikini since Niko and I were outside by the pool about to have lunch.

"Hey," he said as he licked his lips.

He went in for a hug and I gave him a hug.

Feeling his strong arms wrap around me like they always use to felt comforting.

He rubbed my back a bit and held me longer than he needed to.

"Auntie CeCe I wash my hands," Niko said interrupting us.

I pulled away from Deacon and Deacon looked beside me at Niko.

"Hey little man," Deacon said.

"Hi Uncle Deacon," Niko smiled.

Deacon is the only boyfriend I've had since Niko has been alive so he was use to Deacon. He kind of got use to Deacon being around and called him Uncle. I never really had a reason to correct Niko before and I felt if I did now it would just make things weird and confusing for him.

"Hi bud," Deacon said as he picked up Niko.

I closed the front door and we all headed to the patio.

"I made sandwiches. It's nothing fancy," I said.

"That's fine. I didn't really come for the food," Deacon said as he put Niko down in his seat.

"Well... I'm glad we're doing lunch. We have a lot to discuss," I said as I sat down.

Deacon sat across from me.

"You mentioned something about still loving me," Deacon said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Is that all you got from my message?" I questioned with a smile.

Deacon has always been charming and has this way of making a girl smile for the smallest things.

"You appreciated the roses I brought you and said you wanted to try working on our friendship," Deacon said.

"Yeah..." I said.

"Oh and you said something about me owning the hurt I caused before you'd consider getting back with me," he said.

I nodded.

"I thought I already apologized for kissing Tiffany," he said.

"You did but that isn't where all the hurt stemmed from for me. It was feeling like an outsider to the pain you were going through. Deacon you opened up to her on a personal level you should have been opening up to me on. I was your girl not her... I was also your best friend... or so I thought," I said sadly.

"Cecilia my mind was all fucked up. I also didn't want to worry you. Tiffany was just easy to talk to... besides with her being a nurse I just felt like listening to me vent was something she'd be use to with clients," he explained.

"Well I really wish you would have trusted me with your feelings. I wouldn't have minded listening to you vent," I said.

"I know that now," he said.