Chapter 6

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I had been lying in my bed crying ever since Deacon told me to leave the hospital. He called me selfish and acted like I was being insensitive to what he's going through.

"Bean dinner is ready..." I heard my mother outside my bedroom door.

"I'm not hungry!" I called out.

I heard a light knock at the door the heard the door crack open.

"I said I'm not hungry mom," I said as I buried my head in my pillows.

"Cecilia what's wrong sweetheart?" my mother asked.

I sat up and sniffled.

My mother closed the door and walked over to my bed. She sat down and I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Deacon's mother is dying... her cancer is back and he didn't even tell me. Carson told me. He has some live in nurse that looks like she should be on the cover of Essence magazine. We got into a huge fight at the hospital and he told me I was being selfish and to leave," I cried.

My mother put her arms around me and I just broke down.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I know fighting with someone you love hurts. But Deacon is dealing with a lot... as you said he's mother is dying," my mother said.

"I want to be there for him but he won't open up to me mom. He tells me nothing in regards to his mother and how he feels about everything," I explained.

"Just give Deacon a little space and time. I'm sure he will come to you when he is ready. He loves you sweetheart," my mother said.

I just sniffled and rested my head on my mother's shoulder.

I didn't like all the fighting Deacon and I had been doing recently. We're supposed to love each other, which means we fight for each other not against each other.

"Come downstairs. You should eat something," my mother said.

"Ok I'll be down in a minute. Just let me fix myself up. I don't want dad to know I was up here crying," I said.

"Ok. I'll make sure everyone waits for you to join us," my mother said.

My mother got up and left my bedroom.

I wiped my tears and grabbed my phone.

I didn't care who was in the wrong I just wanted things to be good between Deacon and I.

I called his phone.

He didn't answer so I left a message.

"Hey... Look I'm sorry for what happened at the hospital. I don't want to fight with you babe. I love you and I'm always here if you need to talk. Please call me."

I left my message then sat my phone on my nightstand.

I got up and left my bedroom so I could join my family for dinner.

Hopefully Deacon forgives me and calls me back.

Deacon P.O.V.

I left the hospital with Tiffany since my brother Noah said he was going to stay with our mother for the night.

When Carson left with Cecilia he never came back.

The drive home was quiet. I didn't have much to say. It'd been a long day.

When I got home I pulled into the garage and parked my car.

Tiffany and I got out and went inside.