Chapter 29

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I looked myself over in the mirror as I was ready to head over to Lance's house to interview him for my article.

I was nervous yet excited. This was a huge deal for me professionally speaking. I mean if I kill this article my boss could let me write more cover stories in the future.

I guess the only thing making me nervous was the fact that I'd be talking with a professional athlete. You hear all kinds of stories of how pro ballers are. I was hoping this guy wouldn't be some cocky asshole.

I grabbed my purse and headed out of my hotel room.

I got to the elevator and pressed the call button.

The elevator took a few seconds to come to my floor. As it finally stopped and the doors slowly opened I realized someone was already standing inside.

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I stepped inside the elevator. I really hate that he's here and staying in the same hotel.

I pressed the button to go down to the lobby with out saying a word to him. It wasn't like he noticed me anyway he was too busy texting on his phone. He was probably talking to his new girlfriend nurse hoe Tiffany for all I knew.

As the elevator doors closed I heard Deacon clear his throat. I could feel his eyes on me even though I wasn't even looking at him.

"You look good... where you headed?" he asked.

Why couldn't this elevator move faster? I didn't want to have small talk with this jerk.

But I won't lie his compliment on my outfit did make me feel good.

I was wearing a pair of dress pants and a silk top. I had on some heels and my hair was down.

"So you're just going to ignore me?" he asked.

That was kind of the plan... why couldn't he see that!

I looked back briefly and gave him a once over. He looked handsome... Deacon in a suit does things to a woman on the inside, I can't lie.

But he's a liar and a cheat which makes his overall handsomeness go right out the window.

"Cecilia about last night-"

The elevator doors opened as the elevator stopped and I was so glad as I stepped out ignoring Deacon's voice.

"Cecilia could you please wait!" I heard Deacon call after me.

The next thing I know I feel his hand on my arm.

I pulled away from him quickly as I turned around furious.

"Don't touch me! You lost the right to touch me when you let your lips touch that whore's," I said.

Deacon pulled his hand back and we stood in silence.

"I get it you hate me but I was hoping we could have a real conversation... I just want to talk like we use to. I have a car outside that's taking me to my meeting... I could drop you off where ever you need to go... just give me one car ride conversation please," he pleaded.

"I already called an Uber," I said.

"Cancel it and save the money. Ride with me," he said.

I was quiet.

"If you don't ride with me I'll just ride with you. It's your choice," Deacon said.

Why is he pushing so hard to be in my presence right now!