Chapter 55

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

"That's the last box baby girl," my father said as he sat a box down on the floor by the door.

My bother and father were both sweaty and out of breath. They had helped move me into my condo all day.

I didn't have any furniture when I signed for the place and planned on getting some things little by little.

My mother took it upon herself though to have her and my father pay for all my furniture. She said to consider it a gift. I didn't argue and just said thank you.

"Thanks Mason... Thanks dad for all the help moving today," I said.

"You're welcome sis but I gotta go. I told Madison I'd come over after I was done," Mason said as he grabbed his shirt and put it back on.

"Graduation is coming up right," I said.

"Yeah but Madison and I want to go to different schools... it's a lot," Mason said.

I nodded and Mason left. He closed the door behind him.

I turned back and didn't see either of my parents.

I walked a couple feet and went towards the kitchen.

I saw my mother holding a water bottle from the fridge as she stood in front of it. My father stood right in front of her as they gazed into each other's eyes.

I saw my mother biting her lip as she trailed the water bottle along my father's bare chest.

I saw my father grab the water bottle out of my mother's hands and smirk at her as he opened it and took a drink.

My mother tried to move and my father placed a hand above her on the fridge to cage her in.

"Caleb move... we're in Bean's house," my mother giggled in a flirtatious manner.

My father didn't say anything he just leaned down and captured my mother's lips with his.

As much as I didn't want my parents to start making out in my kitchen I couldn't help but to envy what they have.

I thought Deacon and I had what they did... you know something that could last forever, something that no one could ever break up.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just destined to be single forever. I haven't had much luck in the love department and right now I don't even want a boyfriend. But I do think about the day I will be my parent's age and wonder will I have someone by my side or will I just be standing alone.

I cleared my throat and my mother pulled away from my father with her face all flushed.

My mother moved to walk away but my father just grabbed her from behind and held her in his arms.

"Caleb..." my mother whined in a cute way.

My father nuzzled my mother's neck and she giggled then finally broke out of his hold.

"Sorry Bean," my mother said as she walked over to me.

"It's no problem. Dad is clearly still smitten with you," I smiled.

"I'm not just smitten. Your mother is my heartbeat... the air I breathe. She's my everything," my father said not taking his eyes off my mother.

I saw my mother blushing at my father's compliments.

"You're always so sweet," my mother smiled.

My father walked up to my mother and kissed her cheek quickly.