Chapter 38

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

I stood behind Tiffany with my hands on her hips as she tried on engagement rings.

We were in this specialty jewelry store my parents had been coming to for years.

I always thought the day I came here looking for an engagement ring it'd be for Cecilia.

"Babe what do you think of this one? Does this say my husband is rich as fuck or what?" Tiffany smiled as she tried on this huge rock.

I smirked and rested my chin on Tiffany's shoulder.

"Sure baby. But trust any ring you get people gonna know you the shit," I said.

Tiffany turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. She gave me a kiss and I pulled her body into mine.

I'm so happy with her.

Tiffany is just the kind of woman a man like me needs. She holds her man down and is ride or die. I know she got me and I got her.

"Deacon Sharp!" I heard my name called from across the room.

I pulled away from Tiffany and licked my lips.

I turned around and realized my father and stepmother had just walked into the shop.

Oh shit this gonna be interesting.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around to Tiffany.

"I'm gonna go talk to my dad for a sec. Keep looking at rings baby, I'll be right back," I said.

I gave Tiffany a long kiss before I walked away from her.

I walked over to my father and his wife pretty annoyed that I was running into them in the first place.

"Why you calling my name across this shop like I'm a little kid in trouble dad?" I asked as I approached him.

My father gave his wife a kiss and she walked off to go take care of whatever business they had in here.

"What are you doing here with your tongue down that woman's throat?" my father asked sternly.

"Not that it's any of your business but she's my woman. Soon to be your daughter in law and mother to your grandchildren if you must know," I said with an eye roll.

My father hit me upside my head and I clenched my jaw.

"What the fuck dad! Don't hit me!" I said angrily.

"Are you really this stupid! I warned you about that woman! Now here you are parading her around like some prize when she's really just some cheap piece of ass looking for a come up off our family name," my father warned.

"Don't talk about her like that dad! She's not like that. Tiffany is good people and she makes me happy. Why can't you just be happy for me for once!" I argued.

"Look I might not have been happy you and Atwood's daughter were together but at least I knew Cecilia had some class about herself. That woman was your mother's nurse and now she's your woman? Does that not seem weird to you? Does the whore even work anymore or has she quit her job already?" my father questioned.

"I don't have to answer to you dad! I'm a grown man and the decisions I make are my own! I don't need your approval," I said.

"A grown man? Really? That is laughable Deacon! You have known that woman how long and you're ready to have children with her? Wake up and pull out! Not all pussy is good pussy son!" my father scolded.