Chapter 31

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I had gotten up a little earlier than I needed to so I could shower and get ready for my flight back home.

My trip to LA was a success and I couldn't wait to start writing for my article.

Lance was a nice guy and it was refreshing having a guy be so open and honest with me. I know it was mainly for the article but it still meat a lot.

As I wrapped my towel around my body I heard a knock at the door.

I walked to the door to see who was here. I didn't order any breakfast or anything.

I looked through the peephole and just saw roses.

I opened the door with a surprised smile as I saw the huge order of roses. I was expecting a delivery man but as I looked around the roses I saw Deacon.

"Deacon what is this?" I asked.

"I know you had to work late last night and we couldn't get dinner but I just wanted to get these for you. I want you to know how proud I am of you," he said.

What could I say to that?

It would be rude to tell Deacon thanks but no thanks when he had his hands full of roses just to celebrate this moment in my career.

"Thanks... come in," I said.

Deacon followed me inside.

"You can sit them on the table," I said.

Deacon sat down the flowers.

"They're beautiful. Thank you," I said.

"Do you leave today?" he asked.

"Yeah.... How about you?" I asked.

"Yeah I leave today too," he said.

"Well thanks again for the flowers," I said.

"You're welcome. I know this can only mean good things are coming your way career wise," Deacon said.

"Lets hope so," I said.

I noticed Deacon looking me up and down and he licked his lips.

I really shouldn't have answered the door in just a towel.

"Well I should go get dressed..." I said.

Deacon took a step closer to me and bit his bottom lip.

No!

Why is he giving me his sexy look!

"Or you could just finish getting undressed," Deacon suggested as he stood in front of me.

"Deacon don't," I said.

"Remember the last time we were intimate... remember what you said to me?" Deacon asked.

"Deacon that was forever ago and we were in a different place. I thought I had a faithful loving boyfriend who I was going to one day marry and have children with," I said.

"You promised to never leave or give up on me. You said I'd always have you. You said you'd always be here for me," Deacon said quoting me.

"That was before..." I pointed out.

"Before I kissed another woman, I know," he said.

"Not only that. Deacon you opened up to her in a way you never opened up to me. I was suppose to be your girl and you pushed me away like I was a stranger," I said.