Chapter 44

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I sat in my car just staring at the ultrasound photo of my baby.

There was a living being growing inside me. I heard it's little heartbeat and now I see its little image.

I didn't know how to feel.

I was so set on getting an abortion but now I was having a change of heart.

"Why did you make me do that... now I don't know if I can have the abortion," I said.

I looked over at Lance as he took the ultrasound photo out of my hands.

"That was the point. I'd give anything to have known Tiffany was pregnant when she was... I just don't want you regretting anything," Lance said.

Lance handed me back the photo and I was just more torn than ever.

"I'm only twenty one. My career is just taking off and I'm not with the father. There is still that possibility that I could give the baby HIV. I'd hate to have this baby and it end up like Josie. She was born with HIV and went through so much pain because of it," I said.

"Cecilia I might not know you that well but I believe you'd be a great mother," Lance said.

"I don't even know how to tell my parents. I don't want Deacon or his family finding out and I have a gut feeling once my mom knows she will want Deacon to know," I said.

"This might be the one time I tell you to keep this news to yourself.... At least until you have a real plan and know what you want to do. That way everyone else's opinions won't matter," Lance said.

"This is crazy... I still can't believe Tiffany is your ex. What did you see in her?" I asked.

"We were young..." Lance said.

"I'm hungry," I said.

"Well lets get you and that baby some food," Lance smiled.

I started my car and backed out of the parking space to head off to get some food.

Deacon P.O.V.

I had a long day at work but I still managed to stop by the flower shop on my way home.

I wanted to get Tiffany some roses just because.

I mean she's been so good to me since my mother's death and I just wanted her to know how much I appreciated her.

When I got home I walked through the front door.

"Tiff!" I called out.

"I'm in the kitchen babe!" she answered.

I closed the front door and locked it. I walked back to the kitchen and saw Tiffany putting some food in the oven.

I came up behind her and she stood up as I wrapped my arms around her. He closed the oven and turned around.

She gave me a kiss and I laid the roses on the counter behind her.

I picked her up and moved her over to the other counter.

"How was my woman's day?" I asked.

"We actually need to talk Deacon," she said.

"Ok this sounds serious," I said as I took a step back.

Tiffany got off the counter and crossed her arms over her chest.

"It is serious and I'm scared after I tell you what I have to tell you, you won't want me anymore," Tiffany said as she looked down.

I saw her messing with her fingers nervously.

I closed the space between us and hooked my finger under her chin. I tilted her head up towards me.

"Tiffany whatever it is we'll get through it together. You can tell me anything baby," I assured her.

Tiffany hugged me and buried her head in my chest.

I rubbed her back soothingly.

"I can't have kids Deacon," she mumbled.

My whole body went still.

I slowly pulled away from her as I saw tears running down her cheeks.

"Did you just find this out?" I asked as she wiped her tears away.

"When I was in nursing school I got pregnant and had an abortion. After the abortion I got an infection and had to have a hysterectomy. I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner I just never expected to fall for you as hard as I have or as fast," Tiffany explained.

"So you didn't freeze your eggs or anything?" I asked.

"I was so young I wasn't even thinking about all that. But I ran into my ex today who just so happened to be with your ex and I ended up revealing everything to him... he never knew. But Cecilia was standing right there and I just wanted to tell you before she could and twist shit," Tiffany continued.

This was a lot to take in.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"At the OBGYN office. I have to get my check ups," she said.

"And Cecilia was there with your ex?" I asked.

"Yeah..." she said.

"Who is your ex?" I asked.

"Lance Witten. He's a quarterback who is finally super famous now," Tiffany said.

"He flew Cecilia out to see him and my brother tagged along. I didn't want to believe it but now hearing this I'm more than sure they're fucking," I said.

"Well she wasn't at the OBGYN for nothing," Tiffany said.

As Tiffany said that it just made me think of Cecilia's threat to have an abortion if I got her pregnant.

What if she got an abortion and was at her OBGYN to make sure everything just went smoothly.

Or maybe she's pregnant and seeing what her options are!

FUCK!

"Tiffany thanks for being honest with me but I gotta go," I said.

"Go where? To her?" Tiffany questioned.

"I just gotta confirm something then I'll be right back," I said.

"So you're gonna walk out on me after I just poured my heart out to you and told you my truth!" Tiffany said.

"Tiffany believe me when I say this has nothing to do with you. I'll be back. I just gotta get an answer face to face," I said.

I kissed Tiffany's cheek then left quickly.

I needed to know one way or another if Cecilia was pregnant or aborted my baby.

No matter what answer she gives me it won't change our relationship status but it will impact my life in a huge way.

If I'm gonna be a father I deserve to know.

If she killed our baby I deserve to know that too.

Either way I was confronting Cecilia and gettingmy questions answered tonight.