Chapter 70

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

"Thank you for saving my daughter," Mr. Atwood said.

Cecilia's parents had made it to town and were at the hospital with my brother and I.

Cecilia's mother was in Cecilia's room with her while us guys sat out in the waiting room.

Carson had stepped away for a moment, which gave Cecilia's father and I time to talk.

"Of course. It was nothing I'd always save her without hesitation," I said.

"I remember telling you not to play hero," he chuckled.

"Well I couldn't wait for the police or firefighters for that matter. I just did what I knew I had to... had I not she wouldn't be here," I said.

"And for that I have to say you've gained my respect. I remember when you first came to me telling me you wanted to date my daughter. I remember telling you I couldn't give you my blessing. I've seen you break my daughter's heart Deacon and that I can't overlook but man to man I respect you trying to right your wrongs. Now I don't know what the future holds for you and Cecilia but from where I'm sitting now I have to say you have my approval. Anyone willing to lay their life on the line to spare my child's is alright in my book," Mr. Atwood said.

Hearing Caleb finally give me his approval when it comes to being with Cecilia meant a lot. I just hated that it took this long and her almost dying for him to come around.

"It means a lot to hear you say that," I said.

"Deacon you are about to become a father. I hope you will put your childish and selfish ways behind you now. I was way older than you when Cecilia was born but I had to grow up when I became a father. I had to learn how to put my pride aside and any selfishness so that I could be the best father to my child," he said.

"I want to work things out with Cecilia. I want to be a family with our baby but I don't think she's there yet... if I'm being honest I don't know if she will ever be there," I said.

"Deacon things that are meant to be have a way of working themselves out. Cecilia and you have your whole lives ahead of you. But right now that baby needs to be your main focus," he said.

I nodded.

"I'm going to go see if she's awake," I said.

"Alright," Mr. Atwood said.

I got up after my heart to heart with Cecilia's father. I headed back to see if Cecilia might be awake.

Cecilia P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I saw that I was in a hospital bed and my mother was at my bedside.

I turned my head slowly to look at her. She perked up and smiled.

"Bean," she smiled.

"Hey mom," I said.

"Are you thirsty? Want some water?" she asked.

I nodded.

My mother handed me a cup of water and I drank it slowly.

"You don't know how worried your father and I were. It is a good thing Deacon called us and then got to you when he did," my mother said.

I was aware that Deacon saved me from the fire... I just didn't know who knocked me out and tied me up.

Who would want me dead?