Chapter 22

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I looked over beside me and didn't see who should have been lying next to me.

I got up and left the bedroom, heading downstairs.

As I walked down the stairs I had to catch myself as I nearly stepped on a toy.

I picked up the stuffed animal that was sitting on the stairs.

I walked into the living room and saw my baby girl with her blanket in one hand and her thumb in her mouth. She was sitting on the couch watching cartoons.

"I think you dropped something baby girl," I said as I handed my daughter her favorite stuffed animal.

I got this thing for her when she was first born and she hasn't been without it since.

My baby girl smiled as she was reunited with her favorite toy.

"Thank you daddy," she smiled.

I smiled and leaned down to give my baby girl a kiss.

She's so precious.

I walked off and went into the kitchen.

I saw my baby dancing as she flipped over some pancakes.

She had air pods in her ears so she didn't even hear me walking up behind her.

I stood by the counter just watching her for a moment.

I'm one lucky man.

I got the perfect wife and perfect daughter.

I never thought my life could be so perfect.

I slowly walked up behind my wife and wrapped my arms around her waist.

I danced with her in my arms and I heard her beautiful laugh.

"Babe you scared me," she laughed as she took the air pods out of her ears.

"Maybe you shouldn't cook with those things in your ears," I joked.

I stole a piece of bacon and she slapped my hand as I stepped back.

"Deacon please go somewhere while I finish making breakfast. You always do this," my girl said sounding fake annoyed.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek then moved back and sat on the kitchen counter.

"It's Saturday morning... I was kind of expecting to wake up with you in my arms..." I said.

"Baby girl came and woke me up. She was hungry so I got a jump start on breakfast and gave her a little snack," she explained.

I nodded.

Baby girl is the princess meaning she gets what she wants.

Well both my girls do.

My wife is the queen and our daughter is the princess.

"Babe could you put the plates on the table?" my wife asked.

"Sure," I said.

I grabbed three plates and went to place them on the table at our seats.

"Baby girl breakfast is almost ready come in the kitchen!" I called out.

A few seconds later my little princess walked into the kitchen with her blanket and stuffed animal.