Chapter 14

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

I opened the door and walked out of the bedroom.

I closed the door behind me and buried my face in my hands.

"Shit!"

"Why the fuck did I just do that!"

"Do what?" I heard a familiar voice.

I slowly pulled my face out of my hands and turned to look down the hallway.

I'd been caught and I knew I'd have to explain now.

Before I could even open my mouth the bedroom door opened.

Tiffany walked out in just her towel.

"Deacon we should-"

"Tiffany not right now," I quickly cut her off.

Tiffany looked down the hallway then nodded and went back into her room.

"That didn't look like Cecilia? You hitting that bro?" my brother Alex asked.

"I know that's not Cecilia and no I'm not hitting that. How the hell did you even get in my house?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"I used the spare key... mom texted me where it was," Alex said as we headed to the living room.

"Shouldn't you be at school? It's a school day, right?" I questioned.

"It's parent teacher conference day. I got the day off. So I'm getting a jump on moving in... not that I really want to be here for my senior year. I love you and mom but I just don't want to see her in the condition she's in day in and day out," Alex explained.

"I understand baby bro. It fucks with my head seeing mom the way she is now... knowing the end is near," I said.

"So what's with the hot chocolate thoty, whose room you just walked out of?" Alex asked.

"Nothing. She's mom's live in nurse," I said defensively.

"But she walked out in nothing but a towel coming after you... You sure you not smashing bro? I mean I wouldn't judge. We all gotta cope in our own ways. I just thought you and Cecilia were end game. But if you two have broken up then I think that is definitely a hot piece to use as a rebound... and mom's nurse at that. Get bro," Alex said with his word vomit.

"Alex shut the hell up! Cecilia is upstairs as we speak! I'm very much in a relationship and you need to forget what you think you saw," I said sternly.

"Oh so you're dad now... cheating and shit. Figures," Alex said with an eye roll.

"You have been here like two minutes Alex! I'm not cheating!" I said defensively.

"The more pressed you act the more guilty you look. But your secret is safe with me because I want no parts of any of this drama you got brewing between the nurse and Cecilia. I can already see this is all about to blow up in your face. Look it's my senior year so I plan on being out of this house as much as possible," Alex said.

"You'll take the guest room upstairs alright," I said.

"Cool," Alex said as he walked out of the living room.

I took a deep breath.

What the hell am I gonna do now?

I kissed Tiffany!

I should just come clean to Cecilia before this gets any worse, right?

No.... I should just keep this to myself because it meant nothing and will never happen again.